Uber to Collaborate with Bell Helicopter to Develop Urban Electric VTOLs
Uber will be working with Bell Helicopter as a collaborator to accelerate the eventual large-scale deployment of electric vertical take-off and landing vehicles (VTOLs) in order to fulfill its mission of providing a safe, reliable transportation service to everyone, everywhere.
Ahttp://www.bellhelicopter.com/dditional details include:
- Uber plans to operate a network through which electric VTOL vehicles in numerous cities worldwide will provide transportation and delivery logistics services.
- Bell Helicopter plans to develop technologies that will lead to aircraft that satisfy short distance urban operations. Bell’s initial propulsion technology focus is expected to be hybrid electric with an eventual goal of fully electric.
- Uber will participate in the development of airspace control software and hardware for the management of Pilot VTOLs on the Elevate Network, and provide interface connectivity with airspace controllers/regulators.
- Bell Helicopter is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Among other projects, Bell is exploring new opportunities in the future of air transportation with electric and hybrid VTOL aircraft.
“Uber’s Elevate network is an exciting opportunity for Bell Helicopter to help transform how cities move people and products in the future. While creating a real, viable urban air taxi network isn’t going to happen tomorrow, this future is closer than many people realize. We are optimistic about the positive impact VTOLs will have on addressing transportation challenges in Dallas-Fort Worth and other cities around the globe.”
– Mitch Snyder, President & CEO, Bell Helicopter
“Uber convened the world’s first VTOL summit in the Metroplex to bring together key stakeholders who have been working independently around the globe and across industries. As one of the largest helicopter companies in the world based in Fort Worth, Bell Helicopter is a key manufacturer in this process and Uber is grateful for their collaboration.”
– Mark Moore, Uber’s Director of Engineering for Aviation
Please find a press kit, including pictures attributable to Uber Technologies, Inc., here. For any additional questions, please contact Matthew Wing at email@example.com and learn more about Uber Elevate here.