Bay Zoltán Nonprofit Ltd
Flike (a portmanteau of fly and bike) is a manned personal tricopter. Flike was developed at the Hungarian research institute, Bay Zoltan. It achieved its first manned flight on March 7, 2015 at Miskolc Airfield in northeast Hungary. On April 30, 2015, it accomplished its first manned flight of more than 1 minute.
- Airspeed: 100 kph (electronically limited)
- Ceiling: 30 m (electronically limited)
- Endurance: 60 min (range-extended version)
- Take-off mass: 400 kg
- Maximum Payload: 100 kg (that is, one-person)
- Design load: 3 g (-1 g negative)
According to the European Union website: “The aim of Hungary’s largest and most successful state-owned institution of applied research, Bay Zoltán Nonprofit Ltd., which is named after the famous physicist, is to improve the competitiveness and efficiency of enterprises in Hungary through successful innovation and technology transfer, in close cooperation with domestic and leading foreign partner institutions.”
The institute was established in 1992 by the National Committee for Technological Development (OMFB) on behalf of the government as a foundation. It was transformed from a foundation into a non-profit company in 2011.
- Search eVTOL news posts
- Flike website: What is Flike?
- Article: Tricycle Hovercraft Wants To Let You Fly Like a Jedi, Popular Science, June 2, 2015
- Article: Flike, An All Electric Personal Flying Bike, DesignBoom, May 29, 2015