The Gravity X Koncepto Millenya is a one person electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) multicopter prototype.
The Koncepto Millenya has a small open cockpit fuselage with eight radial struts with motors half-way along each strut and at each end. The 16 vertical propellers are powered by 16 motors and controlled in part by 16 separate computers. Up to five rotors could fail with the vehicle still able to make a controlled landing. Empty weight is 154 ld (70 kg). Batteries currently allow about 15 minutes of flight.
The prototype was built from scratch by a small (one man?) team. With successful test flights in 2017 and 2018 Gravity X is beginning to get industry and investor attention. The goal is to have the vehicle perfected in under five years and then develop and mass produce two and four seat versions in the Philippines to be exported globally.
Most information about the Koncepto Millenya comes from short test flight videos.
- Search eVTOL news posts
- Article: IS THIS DRONE-LIKE VTOL CRAFT THE REAL FUTURE OF FLYING CARS?, AutoWeek, November 9, 2018
- Article: Filipino inventor takes ‘flying car’ for successful test flight, Khaleej Times, September 14, 2018
- Video: Filipino inventor takes flight in electric passenger drone, October 7, 2018
- Video: Smallest Flying Sports car -Koncepto Millenya-, September 2, 2018
- Video: Drone Sports Car Koncepto Millenya, August 12, 2018
- Video: Girl flying Manned Drone Multicopter (Gravity X), November 11, 2017
- Video: Philippines First Manned Drone Multicopter, Version 2, October 27, 2017