The Kenyan Passenger Drone was created by Morris Mbetsa, a self-taught inventor and electrical engineer. This drone is flown either autonomously, remotely, or manually with a joystick. In May 2018, Mbetsa began the unmanned flight tests of the Kenyan Passenger Drone, which proved successful, allowing for manned flight tests to begin in June 2018. The prototype used in the flight tests is not the final design, as the final Kenyan Passenger Drone will have an enclosed cabin.
With this project, Mbetsa wants to prove to the world Africa can be home to technological innovation.
- Search eVTOL.news posts
- Article: A Kenyan Builds Africa First Flying Drone Taxi, mediahelm, July 9, 2018
- Video: Kenyan innovator unveils first passenger drone in the market, K24 Tv Kenya, July 6, 2018
- Video: Power Breakfast: Passenger drone, Kenyan CitizenTV, June 10, 2018
- Video: Full: Passenger drone, a KENYAN Innovation by Morris Mbetsa, Samuel Maina, June 7, 2018
- Video: Passenger drone takes off in Kenya, James Ratemo, June 6, 2018
- Video: First passenger drone Africa, Kenya | tests, Stiv M, May 28, 2018
- Video: First passenger drone in Africa | Kenya, Stiv M, May 7, 2018