- May 13, 2019: A special ½-day Short Course on Electric VTOL Fundamentals will be taught on Monday, May 13 (8 am – 12 pm), in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the morning before the VFS Forum 75 begins. Check out the course description and register!
The following videos are available for video-on-demand sales. Each video is $275 and can be played repeatedly for up to one year from the date of purchase. Each is between 5 and 7 hours of video instruction.
- Electric VTOL Design Short Course, Jan 2019: This 7-hour course, taught by renowned eVTOL designer Dr. James Wang, provides an overview of the unique design challenges and opportunities of this new class of vehicles. Both electric and hybrid-electric passenger-carrying vertical flight aircraft are covered for a variety of missions ranging from personal/private use to urban air taxis to regional electric VTOL bizjets. Download the course description for this insightful course.
- Rotorcraft Modeling Short Course, May 2018: This 5-hour course was held in conjunction with Forum 74 and reviews various rotorcraft configurations and the challenges they represent, examines how static and periodic trim are achieved, and explores blade dynamics, rotor aerodynamics and wake modelling.
- Electric VTOL Fundamental Short Course, May 2018: The Vertical Flight Society’s inaugural Short Course on Electric VTOL Technology was held in conjunction with Forum 74. The 5-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and hybrid electric VTOL experience.
Upcoming Video-On-Demand Course (coming in April 2019)
- A 1½-day Short Course on Electric VTOL Aeromechanics & Acoustic Prediction Software was taught on Jan. 31 – Feb 1 in conjunction with the VFS Autonomous VTOL/eVTOL Symposium. The course was taught by Dr. Ken Brentner (Penn State), Dan Wachspress (Continuum Dynamics), Dr. Rob McDonald (Uber Elevate) and Alex Gary (Uber Elevate) and instructed attendees on how to use PSU-WOPWOP, CDI’s CHARM and NASA’s OpenVSP modeling tools to conduct acoustic prediction of Electric VTOL configurations. Download the course description.