Aeroxo’s LV ERA Aviabike is a battery powered Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) hoverbike that is a phase 1 winner of the GoFly competition.
The Aviabike has a motorcycle like saddle for the pilot. Forward are two sets of square quad-ducts with four small tilting propellers on either side along with a stabilizer below the vehicle. Aft of the pilot are two more quads-ducts extending out from mid-height on a high rudder. There is a total of 16 propellers. Stabilizers extend from the rudder’s top. Lithium-ion batteries power the Aviabike, No other specifications are publicly available.
On June 14, 2018, it was selected as a Phase 1 winner of the GoFly competition.
- Search eVTOL.news posts
- Company website
- Twitter: @aeroxo
- News Release: GoFly Winners, GoFly, June 14, 2018
- Article: Meet the Teams, GoFly.com, November 12, 2018
- Article: Boeing’s $2 Million Challenge to Make the Sky Fun Again—With ‘Flying Motorbikes’, Wired, June 14, 2018
- Article: Boeing Asked for Quiet Jetpacks and Got a Bunch of Air Motorcycles, Bloomberg, June 14, 2018
- Article: Contest Aims to Lift Personal Flying Machines Off the Page, The New York Times, June 14, 2018
- Article: Here are the Finalists for Boeing’s $2 million ‘Personal Flying Device’ Contest, The Verge, June 14, 2018
- Article: Meet the Mad Geniuses Building Personal Flying Machines, Fast Company, June 14, 2018