Folsom, California, USA
FlyKart 2 is a single-seat, open-cockpit, 10-rotor, ducted fan, electrically-powered, VTOL aircraft. On June 14, 2018, it was selected as a Phase 1 winner of the GoFly competition.
Specs: Width: 2 m, Length: 1.95 m, Height: 1.2 m, Max Speed: 102 km/h, Cruise Speed: 83 km/h, Cruise Endurance: 30+ mins, Battery Pack: 9.6 kWh, Safety Features: Redundant propulsion/battery/auto-pilot, screened propellers, 4-point safety harness
On March 26, 2019, it was selected for completing Phase II of the GoFly challenge.
- Search eVTOL news posts
- Trek Aerospace website
- Twitter: @trek_aero
- News Release: Meet the 5 Winners Of GoFly Phase II, March 26, 2019
- News Release: GoFly Winners, GoFly, June 14, 2018
- Article: Boeing’s $2 Million Challenge to Make the Sky Fun Again—With ‘Flying Motorbikes’, Wired, June 14, 2018
- Article: Boeing Asked for Quiet Jetpacks and Got a Bunch of Air Motorcycles, Bloomberg, June 14, 2018
- Article: Contest Aims to Lift Personal Flying Machines Off the Page, The New York Times, June 14, 2018
- Article: Here are the Finalists for Boeing’s $2 million ‘Personal Flying Device’ Contest, The Verge, June 14, 2018
- Article: Meet the Mad Geniuses Building Personal Flying Machines, Fast Company, June 14, 2018
- Video: GoFly Prize: Announcing the Phase II Winners, March 26, 2019
- Video: FlyKart Prototype One – Maiden Flight Testing, Joshua Portlock, May 20, 2016