The Vertical Flight Society now has more than 80 hours of online videos related to electric VTOL/UAM aircraft and technology.
Available to the Public for Free
Subscribe to the VFS YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/VTOLsociety for the latest news and educational videos on vertical flight, including:
- YouTube Playlist: Heli-Expo 2019 (multiple videos totaling 4+ hours, including non-eVTOL videos)
- YouTube Playlist: eVTOL News videos (3 episodes/21 min)
- YouTube Playlist: eVTOL Workshop, Jan. 2018 (17 videos/11 hours)
- YouTube Playlist: VFS Briefings on Electric VTOL (3 videos/4.5 hours)
- CAFE Electric Aircraft Symposium (19 videos/9 hours)
- RPI Center for Mobility with Vertical Lift (6 videos/6.2 hours)
Available to VFS Members for Free
The special sessions are available for free viewing by all current VFS members. (Not a member? Join today!)
- Heli-Expo 2019: The Electric VTOL Revolution (1.75 hours)
- eVTOL2019: 6th Annual Electric VTOL Symposium (18+ hours / 50+ videos)
- Forum 74: The Promise and Progress of eVTOL (3.5 hours)
- Forum 74: Challenges of eVTOL (2 hours)
- Forum 74: Flight Qualification & Certification (2.75 hours — also available to the public at no charge)
PDFs of the individual presentations are available for purchase in the Vertical Flight Library.
Pay Per View
The following videos are available for video-on-demand sales. Each video is $275 and can be played repeatedly for up to one year from the date of purchase. Each is between 5 and 7 hours of video instruction.
- Electric VTOL Design Short Course, Jan 2019: This 7-hour course, taught by renowned eVTOL designer Dr. James Wang, provides an overview of the unique design challenges and opportunities of this new class of vehicles. Both electric and hybrid-electric passenger-carrying vertical flight aircraft are covered for a variety of missions ranging from personal/private use to urban air taxis to regional electric VTOL bizjets. Download the course description for this insightful course.
- Rotorcraft Modeling Short Course, May 2018: This 5-hour course was held in conjunction with Forum 74 and reviews various rotorcraft configurations and the challenges they represent, examines how static and periodic trim are achieved, and explores blade dynamics, rotor aerodynamics and wake modelling.
- Electric VTOL Fundamental Short Course, May 2018: The Vertical Flight Society’s inaugural Short Course on Electric VTOL Technology was held in conjunction with Forum 74. The 5-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and hybrid electric VTOL experience.
More courses and videos coming soon!