Uber Partners with Mooney to Manufacture Electric VTOLs
Uber is excited to announce a partnership with Mooney for large-scale deployment of electric vertical take-off and landing vehicles (VTOLs) in order to fulfill its mission of providing a safe, reliable transportation service to everyone, everywhere. The goal of this partnership is to enable users of a future Uber Elevate Network to request a Mooney electric VTOL.
Additional partnership details include:
- Uber plans to operate a network through which electric VTOL vehicles in numerous cities worldwide will provide transportation and delivery logistics services.
- Uber and Mooney’s joint goal is for initial vehicles to be used in a flight demonstration by 2020.
- Mooney will develop aircraft to satisfy short distance urban operations as the basis for the VTOL performance specifications.
- Uber will participate in the development of airspace control software and hardware for the management of Pilot VTOLs on the Elevate Network, and provide interface connectivity with airspace controllers/regulators.
Mooney is excited and proud to be a partner with Uber in changing the way in which we travel. Mooney’s long experience and leadership in designing, certifying, and manufacturing aircraft worldwide is a perfect fit for Uber’s goal of simplifying and streamlining short-distance travel.
– Mark Beyer, Chief Engineer, Mooney
Mooney is another key partner in Uber’s efforts to create an active VTOL network in the near future. We are hopeful that through this partnership, Mooney can help us transform transportation networks in City’s across the globe, especially in northern Texas.
– Mark Moore, Uber’s Director of Engineering for Aviation
Please find a press kit, including pictures attributable to Uber Technologies, Inc., here. For any additional questions, please contact Matthew Wing at email@example.com and learn more about Uber Elevate here.