The Vertical Flight Society hosted two sessions at the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Heli-Expo 2019 trade show held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
On Wed. morning, March 6, 2019, the Vertical Flight Society hosted a special two-hour panel on The Electric VTOL Revolution. Moderated by acclaimed journalist Elan Head of Vertical Magazine, our second annual panel featured leaders in the helicopter industry discussing how electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft are poised to revolutionize vertical flight — and perhaps society as a whole.
Watch this special 2-hour panel of experts discuss the incredible promise and progress of the Electric VTOL Revolution on the VFS YouTube Channel! Slides are linked from the speakers’ names:
Moderated by Elan Head, Vertical Magazine
- Mike Hirschberg, Executive Director, Vertical Flight Society
- Scott Drennan, VP Innovation, Bell
- Zach Lovering, VP of Urban Air Mobility Systems, Airbus UAM
- Thierry Grison, Business Development Hybrid New Market, Safran
- Danny Sitnam, President/CEO, Helijet International
- Rex Alexander, President, 5 Alpha
- Michael Dyment, Managing Partner, NEXA Capital Partners
Bios for the panelists are also available.
Helicopter and eVTOL photos from the Heli-Expo exhibits are also available at https://gallery.vtol.org/album/PZHX. (VFS members can request access to high-resolution images.)
The VFS Videos Library hosts a number of educational videos on helicopter/eVTOL panels, lectures, interviews and press conferences.