Electric Visionary Aircrafts (EVA)
Cugnaux, Toulouse, France
The Electric Visionary Aircrafts’ X01 (EVA) is an all-electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing “flying car” for private and public urban mobility. EVA was founded on May 9, 2017, with the office opening at Francazal Airport November of that same year in Cugnaux, Toulouse, France.
The X01 will utilize 26 fully electric propellers of at least two different sizes, with the larger size tilting and at least eight smaller engines inboard under the wing. The engines are guaranteed for one million kilometers of flight and are expected to produce no more than 70 dB of noise. It will also have a wing capable of folding for a reduced ground signature when parked. The vehicle will carry two passengers (or a payload of 250 kg) at 400 km/h with a range of 250 km. The vehicle is to be totally autonomous using Radar, Lidar and 12 camera sensors. The systems are “ultra” redundant and there is a parachute.
The vehicle is designed for private ownership as well as being rentable as a taxi. EVA envisions using a simple phone app to call and use the X01. The first full-scale prototype will begin testing in early 2019, with certification for the X01 expected in 2022.
EVA X01 Characteristics (December 2017)
|Length||430 cm||14.1 ft|
|Height||270 cm||8.8 ft|
|Sensors||Radar and Lidar|
- Search eVTOL news posts
- Electric Visionary Aircrafts website
- Electric Visionary Aircrafts Facebook
- Electric Visionary Aircrafts Twitter
- Electric Visionary Aircrafts YouTube Channel
- Article: EVA Autonomous Air Taxi Has Extended Wings & Can Function As Search & Rescue Aircraft, Clean Technica, Dec. 22, 2018
- Article: Une start-up toulousaine crée une “voiture volante”, Midi Libre, Jun. 5, 2018
- Video: EVA x AutomobilityLA VIDEO, Electric Visionary Aircrafts, Dec. 29, 2018
- Video: X01 Take Off, Electric Visionary Aircrafts, Dec. 29, 2018
- Video: Opening a third dimension in Paris, Electric Visionary Aircrafts, Aug. 13, 2018
- Video: The minute Viva Tech 2018: EVA X01 takes off and lands vertically, Ouatch, May 27, 2018
- Video: Electric Visionary Aircrafts (XO1), Electric Visionary Aircrafts, Apr. 10, 2018
- Video: Electric Visionary Aircrafts – Skip the traffic stress, Electric Visionary Aircrafts, Sep. 2, 2017