AXIX SkyRider SUVA
AXIX GP, LLC
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
AXIX GP was founded in April 2014 by Laviere D. Rice, Sr., CEO in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. The goal of the company is to design and manufacture luxury medium-range hybrid-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft for Urban Air Mobility (UAM) and for use during vacations without having the burden of using airports or ride sharing. The company has several United States Patents Pending and is actively looking for funding. The name of the company, AXIX, is pronounced A19. The slogan of the company is "Ride like a legend".
The SkyRider SUVA is a hybrid-electric VTOL passenger aircraft concept design which holds five passengers, one pilot and four passengers, the pilot having Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) to assist in the flying of the aircraft. The top speed of the aircraft is 350 mph (563 km/h) and has an estimated maximum altitude of 30,000 ft (9,144 m).
The company compares their hybrid-electric VTOL aircraft to a sport utility vehicle but one that flies. The SkyRider SUVA decoded means Sport Utility Vehicle Aircraft. The medium-range aircraft does well flying passengers within a city, between two cities and used when traveling on vacations. There is not only plenty of space for the passengers but also plenty of space for luggage.
The aircraft has a petroleum fueled combustion engine creating electricity for all the aircraft's avionics and systems. The aircraft has four propellers with four electric motors on struts found on the corners of the fuselage for flight in all directions.
The aircraft has a canopy over the cockpit providing spectacular views for the passengers. To enter and exit the aircraft, the canopy slides forward and back. The aircraft has a similar look to a four propeller drone but with a major difference of being as large as a car. In fact, aircraft has what looks like front headlights and the bottom of the fuselage looks like the bottom of a small pleasure boat. The hull shaped part of the fuselage is because the aircraft can land, take off from and float on water. The aircraft is made from carbon fiber composite keeping the aircraft strong, light and buoyant.
The aircraft has several safety features including AI pilot assistance, multiple redundant subsystems, a ballistic parachute and can float on water. The landing gear has retractable landing struts allowing the aircraft to land easily on any paved surface, uneven ground (such as a grassy field), dirt or any area that is not paved.
The company expects the aircraft to be used for personal use, as a person uses an SUV, to travel to and from work, for shopping, personal use after work and used to travel on vacations. AXIX also foresees their aircraft to be used by the military for air transportation and for combat missions.
- Aircraft type: Hybrid-electric VTOL passenger aircraft
- Piloting: 1 pilot with A.I. assisted flight controls and satellite navigation
- Capacity: 4 passengers
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Maximum speed: 350 mph (563 km/h)
- Range: Unknown
- Flight Time: Unknown
- Maximum altitude: 30,000 ft (9,144 m)
- Propellers: 4 propellers
- Electric Motors: 4 electric motors
- Power source: Hybrid-electric combustion engine
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Window: Canopy over cockpit, allowing forward, left, right and top visibility, for spectacular views
- Landing gear: Retractable strut-type landing gear, located under each propeller. The aircraft can also land in water as it has the buoyancy of a boat.
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. There are also redundancies in the sub-systems of the aircraft. Anti-collision radar. There is a whole aircraft ballistic. The aircraft can also land in water as it has the buoyancy of a boat. parachute.
- AXIX GP LLC website
- AXIX GP LLC Twitter
- AXIX GP LLC YouTube Channel
- AXIX GP LLC Instagram
- AXIX GP LLC LinkedIn
- Video: AXIX GP SKYRIDER, AXIX GP, Nov. 22, 2021
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)