The following videos are available for video-on-demand sales. Each video can be played repeatedly for up to one year from the date of purchase. Each is between 3.5 and 8.5 hours of video instruction.
- Virtual Workshop on eVTOL Infrastructure for Urban Air Mobility (UAM), April – May 2020. The Vertical Flight Society is pleased to offer four free recorded webinars (due to the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020) on Challenges of eVTOL Infrastructure topics. Also included for free are the presenter’s notes, and attendees questions and answers. These webinars will provide insight from the industry for the development of eVTOL / UAM / AAM infrastructure.
- Electric VTOL Fundamentals Short Course, May 2019: The Vertical Flight Society’s Short Course on Electric VTOL Fundamentals was held in conjunction with Forum 75. The 4-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and acoustics. $275
- Short Course on Electric VTOL Aeromechanics & Acoustic Prediction Software, Jan. 2019: This course was taught in conjunction with the VFS Autonomous VTOL/eVTOL Symposium by Dr. Ken Brentner (Penn State), Dan Wachspress (Continuum Dynamics), Dr. Rob McDonald (Uber Elevate) and Alex Gary (Uber Elevate). It instructs attendees on how to use PSU-WOPWOP, CDI’s CHARM and NASA’s OpenVSP modeling tools to conduct acoustic prediction of Electric VTOL configurations. Download the course description. Only $99!
- Electric VTOL Design Short Course, Jan 2019: This 7-hour course, taught by renowned eVTOL designer Dr. James Wang, provides an overview of the unique design challenges and opportunities of this new class of vehicles. Both electric and hybrid-electric passenger-carrying vertical flight aircraft are covered for a variety of missions ranging from personal/private use to urban air taxis to regional electric VTOL bizjets. Download the course description for this insightful course. $275
- Rotorcraft Modeling Short Course, May 2018: This 5-hour course was held in conjunction with Forum 74 and reviews various rotorcraft configurations and the challenges they represent, examines how static and periodic trim are achieved, and explores blade dynamics, rotor aerodynamics and wake modelling. $275
- Electric VTOL Fundamentals Short Course, May 2018: The Vertical Flight Society’s inaugural Short Course on Electric VTOL Fundamentals was held in conjunction with Forum 74. The 5-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and hybrid electric VTOL experience. $275