Electric Aircraft Concept
The Electric Aircraft Concept (EAC) WHISPER is an 8 rotor Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) electric rotorcraft which was unveiled at the Aero 2017 show in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
The WHISPER uses eight electric motors powering eight vertical propellers. Although it can land with a single rotor failure it is also equipped with a parachute. Standing 2.4 m tall the vehicle is designed to carry two passengers. It will employ a joystick intended to be intuitive as well as controls that will automatically keep the vehicle within the flight envelope. Current flight time is 30 minutes and EAC intends to increase its flight time with improved batteries.
The Electric Aircraft Concept market plan is to provide ease of control and maintenance cost reduction to a target buyer of private international clientele. EAC will also offer after sales services. The sales goals are to sell ten WHISPERs in 2020, twenty in 2021, and forty in 2022.
In November 2018 EAC announced it had successfully completed its first open air test flights using a technical prototype. With the prototype data, final specifications are being fully integrated in the production model which will be unveiled at the next AERO Friedrichshafen trade show in Germany in April 2019.
EAC Whisper Characteristics (updated April 2018):
|Expected price, excluding tax||150,000-180,000 Euros||180,000-220,000 U.S. Dollars|
|Rotors||8 fixed pitch|
|Seating capacity||2, including pilot|
|Flight time||30 minutes, with improvements expected|
- Whisper website
- Whisper on Facebook
- Article: Whisper – Electric Aircraft Concept (EAC), 2017
- Article: EAC met au point un hélicoptère électrique, Le Dauphine, January 16, 2018
- Video: EAC Whisper, Electric Aircraft Concept Whisper, Aero Expo Friedrichshafen, Light Sport and Ultralight Flyer, May 28, 2018
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)