Eco'Trip is a concept eVTOL created by Houseem Douik, for his student design graduation project, which goes towards earning his degree as an Industrial Product Designer.
The Eco'Trip is a two (2) passenger compact, modern and sleek designed all-electric vehicle, and in addition to this, is an all terrain vehicle capable of traveling on air, land and sea. The main market for this vehicle would be for a personal transportation. It is small enough to fit in a parking space and inside a garage. This vehicle also has a detect and avoidance system, and ballistic parachutes for each passenger and for the vehicle itself.
One of the major innovations for the Eco'Trip is the tilting mechanism for the four tilting and translating electric ducted fans. The two rear fans are mounted on the horizontal tail surface, which is raised when the vehicle is driving on roads (for clearance issues) and lowered for flight operations. The front fans are on a track to allow them to translate from the lower front for flight to the upper back of the vehicle for ground propulsion. All four fans tilt from horizontal to vertical. Only the front two fans are used for surface propulsion; they reverse thrust for braking.
The battery pack is located at the rear of the aircraft (seen in rear views as a yellow "container"). Douik planned an Eco'Trip solar recharging station.
- All terrain eVTOL vehicle: land, air and sea
- Landing capability. Can land on any surface, including water
- Capacity: 2 passengers
- Dimensions: 3 m (9.8 ft) length x 2.9 m (9.5 ft) wide x 2 m (6.5 ft) height
- Propulsors: Electric fans
- Number of propulsors: 4
- Power supply type: Lithium ion cells
- Cruise Speed: 115 km/h (71 mph)
- Total continuous motor power: 535 KW (720 HP)
- Empty weight: 350 kg (772 lbs)
- Maximum payload weight: 200 kg (441 lbs)
- Gross weight: 550 kg (1,213 lbs)
- Battery life: 60 minutes
- Navigation: GPS with detect and avoid system
- Landing gear configuration: tricycle
- Safety: ballistic emergency parachute system (2 for passengers and 1 for vehicle)
- Houssem Douik Behance
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)