Quezon City, Philippines
The Gravity X Koncepto Millenya is a one person electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) multicopter prototype created by Earnest Hennrick Mendiola based in the Philippines.
The Koncepto Millenya has a small open cockpit fuselage with eight radial struts with motors half-way along each strut and at each end. The 16 vertical propellers are powered by 16 motors and controlled in part by 16 separate computers. Up to five rotors could fail with the vehicle still able to make a controlled landing. Empty weight is 154 ld (70 kg). Batteries currently allow about 15 minutes of flight.
The prototype was built from scratch by a small (one man?) team. With successful test flights in 2017 and 2018, Gravity X is beginning to get industry and investor attention. His first eight (8) propeller GravityX Hoverboard, where the pilot is standing - no seat, first manned free flight took place indoors, on July 7, 2017 at Club Gymnastics, Rosario, Pasig City, Philippines. His first outdoor manned free flight of the GravityX Hoverboard took place on July 20, 2017 at the Marikina Sports Center, Marikina, Metro Manila, Philippines.
The first manned flight of the full-scale proof-of-concept aircraft, with a seat for one pilot, was on Oct. 27, 2017 at an undisclosed location in the Philippines. The first manned flight of the one (1) passenger Koncepto Millenya eVTOL aircraft, with the customized carbon fiber fuselage, took place on July 7, 2018 at an undisclosed location in the Philippines.
The goal is to have the vehicle perfected in under five years and then develop and mass produce two and four seat versions in the Philippines to be exported globally. At the outset, most of the information presented here about GravityX comes from test flight videos but recently (2019) we have been talking directly with the inventor and receiving more detailed information about his aircraft. In April 2019, we learned that Gravity X is currently working on the production version of a one (1) passenger eVTOL with a 200 lb (90 kg) payload and a 25 minute flight time, and are working on a two (2) passenger prototype with a 400 lbs (181 kg) payload.
- Facebook page
- YouTube Channel
- Video: Octocopter Hoverboard First (indoor free flight) Solo Flight, July 7, 2017
- Video: GMA 7 News on First (outdoor free flight) Flying Hoverboard in ASIA, July 20, 2017
- Article: Will this Pinoy-made real-life hoverboard take us back to the future?, GMA News Online, July 21, 2017,
- Video: Philippines First Manned Drone Multicopter, Version 2, October 27, 2017
- Video: Manned Drone Multicopter Car Prototype, November 11, 2017
- Video: Drone Sports Car Koncepto Millenya, August 12, 2018
- Video: Smallest Flying Sports car -Koncepto Millenya-, September 2, 2018
- Article: Filipino inventor takes 'flying car' for successful test flight, Khaleej Times, September 14, 2018
- Video: Filipino inventor takes flight in electric passenger drone, October 7, 2018
- Article: Is this drone-like VTOL craft the real future of flying cars?, AutoWeek, November 9, 2018