Ghost X V1
Grug Group LLC
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Venezuelan native Aeronautical Engineer Nelson Salas, who recently relocated to the USA, founded Grug Group LLC in 2017. The Grug Group company currently services the aviation industry which includes aircraft sales, aircraft charter services, aircraft parts sales, aviation consulting, aircraft brochure design and creating aviation websites. However, the future main goal for Grug Group is to become a leader of manufacturing electric Vertical and Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) aircraft, building multiple types models, each with different capacities, characteristics and features, and each made for specific purposes.
Grug Group predicts that eVTOL aircraft will replace almost all helicopter operations. The company states their biggest challenge of eVTOL aircraft will be the development of quality electric engines and efficient short propellers. They are currently looking for investors.
Grug Group’s eVTOL plan is as follows:
- Phase I: Rent adequate hangar and office space, hire necessary personnel, and buy equipment and tools.
- Phase II: Build scaled mock-ups and scaled flying eVTOL prototypes. Implement a marketing campaign.
- Phase III: Build full-scaled prototypes. Preform in-depth engineering tests and make necessary modifications. Complete the eVTOL aircraft certification process as each model is completed.
- Phase IV: Begin manufacturing commercial eVTOL aircraft. Implement a marketing and advertising campaign to promote the sales of the eVTOL aircraft.
This concept eVTOL is named the Ghost X V1. The main function of this four (4) passenger aircraft is for a personal air vehicle and for air taxi service. The fuselage is an oval shape with panoramic windows. If one looks closely, the cockpit has a joy stick for manual flight control.
Each propeller module will have two (2) electric motors to ensure a good margin of safety, if one electric motor should fail there is a back-up until a safe landing can be made.
Notice the front two (2) propellers modules are are larger than the rear propellers and the front propellers are located in about the middle of the aircraft attached closer to the bottom of the fuselage. The rear two (2) propeller modules are smaller in diameter and are attached near the middle of the fuselage. Most Grug Group graphics have the Ghost X V1 aircraft with landing skids, used on many helicopters. On one graphic, there are four (4) legs for the landing gear. There has been no indication of the projected price of this aircraft.
All of Grug Group’s eVTOl aircraft will have the following features:
- 100% Composite fuselage body
- 100% Electric
- No liquid fuel use
- Redundant safety systems
- Panoramic view windows and doors design
- Multi-touch avionics display
- Low maintenance cost
- Automatic and pilot drive mode
- 360 Degrees obstacles and terrain proximity alert and collision avoidance system
Ghost X V1 Specifications:
- Capacity: 4 Persons
- Propulsion: 4 Rotors
- Motor: 8 Electric engines
- Power: Batteries, 100% electric
- Avionics: Multi-touch avionics displays
- Connectivity: Internet and Wi-Fi
- Safety: Redundant systems for maximum safety