Ghost X V2.2
Grug Group LLC
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Venezuela native Aeronautical Engineer Nelson Salas, who recently relocated to the USA, founded Grug Group LLC in 2017. The Grug Group company currently services the aviation industry which includes aircraft sales, aircraft charter services, aircraft parts sales, aviation consulting, aircraft brochure design and creating aviation websites. However, the future main goal for Grug Group is to become a leader of manufacturing electric Vertical and Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) aircraft, building multiple types models, each with different capacities, characteristics and features, and each made for specific purposes. In accordance with that goal, the Grug Group has also developed the Business eVTOL Jet, Ghost X V1, Ghost X V3, Personal eVTOL Jet, and the SBX.
Grug Group predicts that eVTOL aircraft will replace almost all helicopter operations. The company states their biggest challenge of eVTOL aircraft will be the development of quality electric engines and efficient short propellers. They are currently looking for investors.
Grug Group’s eVTOL plan is as follows:
- Phase I: Rent adequate hangar and office space, hire necessary personnel, and buy equipment and tools.
- Phase II: Build scaled mock-ups and scaled flying eVTOL prototypes. Implement a marketing campaign.
- Phase III: Build full-scaled prototypes. Preform in-depth engineering tests and make necessary modifications. Complete the eVTOL aircraft certification process as each model is completed.
- Phase IV: Begin manufacturing commercial eVTOL aircraft. Implement a marketing and advertising campaign to promote the sales of the eVTOL aircraft.
This concept eVTOL is named the Ghost X V2.2. The main function of this eight (8) passenger aircraft (1 pilot, 7 passengers) will be for air taxi, air cargo and air ambulance service. This is a larger and more powerful eVTOL aircraft and can be reconfigured for multiple missions. Each rotor will have two (2) electric motors to ensure a good margin of safety if one electric motor should fail, the aircraft can land safely. Notice that all four (4) sets of the shrouded propeller modules look the same size. The propellers in the front of the aircraft are attached on the top of the fuselage and rear two (2) propeller modules are attached just slightly below the roof of the fuselage.
The fuselage is an oval shape with panoramic windows. The cockpit has large glass displays with joysticks for controlling the aircraft. All of the graphics show the aircraft using long landing skids, like many helicopters use, which are about the length of the fuselage. There has been no indication of the projected price of this aircraft.
All of Grug Group’s eVTOL aircraft will have the following features:
- 100% Composite fuselage body
- 100% Electric
- No liquid fuel use
- Redundant safety systems
- Panoramic view windows and doors design
- Multi-touch avionics display
- Low maintenance cost
- Automatic and pilot drive mode
- 360 Degrees obstacles and terrain proximity alert and collision avoidance system
Ghost X V2.2 Specifications:
- Capacity: 8 People (1 pilot, 7 passengers)
- Multi-use aircraft: Can be reconfigured for air cargo, air transportation or air ambulance
- Power: 100% Electric
- Propulsion: 8 Sets of rotors (most graphics show that each rotor set has 4 propellers, one graphic shows 3 propellers)
- Motor type: 8 Electric engines
- Avionics: Multi-touch avionics displays
- Displays: Entertainment and navigation information systems integrated into glass doors
- Connectivity: Internet and Wi-Fi
- Redundant systems for maximum safety