Grug Group LLC
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Venezuelan native Aeronautical Engineer Nelson Salas, who recently relocated to the USA, founded Grug Group LLC in 2017. The Grug Group company currently services the aviation industry which includes aircraft sales, aircraft charter services, aircraft parts sales, aviation consulting, aircraft brochure design and creating aviation websites. However, the future main goal for Grug Group is to become a leader of manufacturing electric Vertical and Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) aircraft, building multiple types models, each with different capacities, characteristics and features, and each made for specific purposes. In accordance with that goal, the Grug Group has also developed the Business eVTOL Jet, Ghost X V1, Ghost X V2.2, Ghost X V3, and the Personal eVTOL Jet.
Grug Group predicts that eVTOL aircraft will replace almost all helicopter operations. The company states their biggest challenge of eVTOL aircraft will be the development of quality electric engines and efficient short propellers. They are currently looking for investors.
Grug Group’s eVTOL plan is as follows:
- Phase I: Rent adequate hangar and office space, hire necessary personnel, and buy equipment and tools.
- Phase II: Build scaled mock-ups and scaled flying eVTOL prototypes. Implement a marketing campaign.
- Phase III: Build full-scaled prototypes. Preform in-depth engineering tests and make necessary modifications. Complete the eVTOL aircraft certification process as each model is completed.
- Phase IV: Begin manufacturing commercial eVTOL aircraft. Implement a marketing and advertising campaign to promote the sales of the eVTOL aircraft.
The first eVTOL aircraft planned by Grug Group for development is named the SBX. The main function of this four (4) passenger aircraft will be to sell it to anyone who is looking to purchase a personal air vehicle and to companies who offer air taxi service. Each rotor will have two electric motors to ensure a good margin of safety if one electric motor should fail.
It can be seen that this SBX eVTOL uses ducted electric fans for propulsion, while Grub Group’s other eVTOL aircraft use shrouded propellers. The expected sale price of the SBX is around $150,000.00 USD.
All of Grug Group’s eVTOL aircraft will have the following features:
- 100% Composite fuselage body
- 100% Electric
- No liquid fuel use
- Redundant safety systems
- Panoramic view windows and doors design
- Multi-touch avionics display
- Low maintenance cost
- Automatic and pilot drive mode
- 360 Degrees obstacles and terrain proximity alert and collision avoidance system
- Capacity: 4 Passengers
- Power: 100% electric
- Propulsion: 4 Electric ducted fans
- Motor type: 8 Electric engines
- Cruise speed: 250 – 300 km/h (155 - 186 mph)
- Maximum flight time: 1 ½ hours
- Connectivity: Internet and Wi-Fi
- Passenger amenity: Entertainment system