Prades [I+D], SL
Prades [I+D], SL was established in September 2011 in Spain with the vision of providing clean electric aircraft to help everyone commute freely in the urban environment.
Gyrobike is an all-electric propulsion vertical and/or short take-off and landing (VSTOL) ultralight aircraft. The aircraft has a main ducted autorotating rotor above the aircraft for lift and has two horizontal ducted propellers on each of side of the aircraft for forward flight and maneuverability. The GyroBike is an all-electric autogyro and therefore does not need a tail rotor.
The GyroBike has a 100% electric power source; however, the inventor does remind us that with level of technology science provides us currently, the most optimal power source for aircraft is a hybrid-electric power source.
The top rotor has multiple rotorblades for take off and landing and are closed during forward flight. The Gyrobike has been made as an ultralight aircraft (less than 70 kg or 154 lbs) to allow it to be on the market earlier than it's other eVTOL competitors due to less restrictions for pilot certification.
Prades [I+D] has also created another aircraft called the GyroPack. It's a personal Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft for one passenger which has been made as a turbine gas powered aircraft or has the option of being a hybrid-electric VTOL as well. The ducted fans on each side of the aircraft can rotate to help with maneuverability of the aircraft.
The GyroBike is an ultralight aircraft which does not require a pilot's license to fly it. Which means that only the pilot can be in the aircraft during flight. However, having a pilot's license will help you be a more skilled pilot and will allow you to fly a passenger with you.
Prades [I+D] has been participated in Phase I, Phase II, and in Phase III of the GoFly Prize competition.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL
- Pilot: 1
- Passengers: 1
- Navigation: Through app
- Pilot license: Not required but pilot courses recommended
- Speed: 30 - 80 kmh (18 - 50 mph)
- Maximum flight time: 2 hours
- Maximum altitude: 305 meters (1,000 feet)
- Stall speed: Has a very low stall speed
- Empty Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Dimensions: Less than 5 X 5 m (16.4 X 16.4 ft)
- Energy source: Battery, all electric
- Government airspace regulations: Complies with the European free flight regulations for aircraft under 70 kg (154 lbs) and its North American equivalent FAR 103