Innowings Aerospace Inc.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
In 2018, Pathipan Sivarasa formed the company Innowings Aerospace Inc. with a multinational group of engineers and innovators from Australia, Botswana, Canada, France, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. The company’s headquarters is located in Ottawa, Canada.
The company has created an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for the GoFly Prize contest. The PKOK aircraft is a one passenger wingless multicopter which is small, quiet, safe, has a cruise speed of 35 mph (56 km/h) and a range of 20 miles (32 km). The design of the aircraft has a modern but industrial look with an open cockpit, a motorcycle style of seating and a small motorcycle styled windshield.
Innowings Aerospace has completed the Phase I, Phase II and Phase III of the GoFly Prize challenge. The company has stated this design is only for the GoFly Prize contest.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL
- Capacity: 1 passenger, seated like a motorcycle driver
- Cruise speed: 30 knots
- Range: 20 miles
- Rotors: 5
- Electric motors: 5
- Power source: Batteries
- Maximum width/depth/height 8.5 feet
- Landing gear: 4 fixed landing struts
- Noise level: Does not exceed 87 dBA
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors/propellers fail, the other working motors/propellers can safely land the aircraft.