T21 Raptor (defunct)
Paragon VTOL Aerospace
Brownsville, Texas, USA
Paragon VTOL Aerospace was founded by oil executive Dwight Smith, a native Jamaican and American citizen, to produce Vertical-Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft for Jamaica. They have offices in Jamaica, California (USA) and Florida (USA). The slogan of the company is "Redefining the future of transportation today."
Paragon’s mission is to build a movement that incorporates technology, software and hardware globally to reduce climate change.
Paragon is partnering with Siemens, major American universities, Silicon Valley experts, ex-military personnel, Aerotropolis Jamaica, and possibly more, to successfully start their company faster with less cost and decreased risk. Their eVTOL aircraft is a futuristic design and they expect to begin testing the aircraft by the end of 2019.
Paragon’s vision is to use technology to increase the quality of life for present and future generations while reducing the carbon footprint.
The uses of their aircraft at Paragon VTOL Aerospace are not modest, they would like to enter multiple markets including making industry specific drones, air taxi service, law enforcement, cargo service, agriculture and the military. In addition to these goes, they want to also make virtual highway platforms and VTOL terminals in Jamaica to ensure everything becomes reality.
In June 2021, the company revealed a new prototype design called the Soar and can be found here. The T21 Raptor design has been retired.
- Four (4) Passengers
- Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL)
- Coaxial Motors
- Electric, Hybrid-Electric and Plasma
- Parachute Emergency System
- Intelligent Technical Systems
- Ultra light Seats Built For Durability
- Paragon VTOL Aerospace website
- Article: Paragon VTOL Aerospace adopts solutions from Siemens to streamline next-generation design, LinkedIn, Jul. 3, 2019
- Article: Paragon VTOL Using Siemens Software to Build UAM Ecosystem in Jamaica, Avionics International, Jul. 11, 2019
- Article: Paragon VTOL Using Siemens Software to Build UAM Ecosystem in Jamaica, Rotor & Wing International, Jul. 12, 2019
- Article: VTOL founder talks jobs; Firm to start with light drone delivery, My RGV News, June 26, 2021
- Podcast: Why Paragon VTOL Aerospace chose Brownsville, Rio Grande Guardian, July 5, 2021
- Article: Paragon VTOL Aerospace To Relocate to Brownsville, Texas, The city of Brownsville, June 23, 2021
- Video: Paragon Press Conference 06/17/21, City of Brownsville, Texas, June 18, 2021
- Video: Aerospace company setting up new shop in Brownsville, KRGV, Jun 20, 2021
- Video: Paragon VTOL Aerospace, City of Brownsville, Texas, June 21, 2021
- Article: Paragon Continues To Be A Committed Pioneer For Urban Air Taxi Movement In Brownsville, Cision PR Newswire, Aug. 30, 2021
- Article: Paragon Aerospace reboots its hydrogen VTOL project in Texas, Future Flight, Sept. 8, 2021
- Article: Paragon looks to hydrogen engines for its ultra-long-range Soar eVTOL, New Atlas, Sept. 12, 2021