Vickers WAVE eVTOL
Vickers Aircraft Company
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand|
"Vickers Aircraft Company (New Zealand) is excited to introduce the long-term vision of our journey, the WAVE™ eVTOL.
WAVE™ eVTOL is a four-seat, semi-autonomous hybrid and will harvest 80% of our WAVE™ Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) model’s DNA. This positions us well down the road of developing shared technology, components and tooling, R&D, materials, manufacturing processes, techniques and facilities, that we have been refining over the years for the LSA.
As with our LSA, this eVTOL will be sustainable, manufacturable, cost-effective and safe.
Developing an eVTOL with amphibious capabilities opens possibilities not yet explored in this space, and with the New Zealand Government leading the world from a regulation standpoint, New Zealand is on track to be the first country to allow approved manned eVTOL passenger flights.
Vickers Aircraft Company continues to work closely with the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand (CAANZ) throughout the development of the WAVE™ LSA and eVTOL aircraft variants. CAANZ remains a pragmatic yet safety-focused regulatory authority and a key enabler for the New Zealand Government future transport objectives."
- Vickers website
- Vickers on LinkedIn
- Vickers press release
- Video: Vickers Wave amphibious light sport aircraft, by Vickers aircraft, February 1, 2017
- Video: Vickers Wave eVTOL, Paul Vickers, July 18, 2018
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)