Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Founded in 2021 by Hamid Hamidi, PhD, Limosa Inc. is a technology start-up based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The company's aim is to revolutionize the transportation system by designing and manufacturing electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft for Sustainable Advanced Air Mobility (SAAM). The company intends to build electric aircraft which are safer than cars, are eco-friendly, are fast, are easy to use, are affordable to fly and are more flexible than conventional transportation systems.
The company employs a variety of experts in aircraft structural design, structural analyses, aerodynamics, designing propulsion systems, flight control and avionics to develop eVTOL aircraft. Limosa Inc. intends to develop and acquire strategic technologies and next-generation aircraft configurations, to accelerate the deployment of economically viable eco-friendly air travel and transport, by leveraging its expertise and growing international network of industry partnerships.
The LimoConnect is a seven seat piloted (and will be eventually autonomous) eVTOL passenger aircraft for urban and rural travel. The cruise speed of the aircraft is 200 mph (322 km/h), has a range of 150 miles (241 km) and has a flight time of one hour. The seating arrangement has the pilot sitting in front with 2X2 seating for the passengers. The passenger cabin has large windows allowing forward, left and right visibility for spectacular views with a solid roof above the passenger compartment. The cabin has two doors on each side of the fuselage with rear baggage compartment doors on each of the fuselage as well.
The aircraft has eight tilt-propellers mounted on the front of canard high gull-type wings and each wing holds four tilt-propellers. The main high gull-type wing is directly over the passenger compartment and has winglets. The tail of the aircraft tapers to a cone-type shape and the rear wing is mounted on the end of the fuselage and has a tall angled support which forms into a high gull-type rear wing. The aircraft uses battery packs to power the entire aircraft.
The aircraft has retractable wheeled landing gear. The front wheeled landing gear retracts into the bottom of the fuselage and the rear two wheeled landing gears retract into two stub wings which are located on the lower portion of the fuselage and slightly aft of the center of the aircraft. Wheeled landing gear not only help move the aircraft by the pilots on the ground but also help ground crew reposition the aircraft when needed.
The company has stated the aircraft can be configured for air cargo. The Limosa expects to sell the majority of the LimoConnect aircraft to commercial customers and will also sell their aircraft to private individuals. The company expects the aircraft to be certified by 2028.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL passenger aircraft
- Piloting: 1 pilot (The aircraft will be piloted at first and in the future will be autonomous)
- Capacity: 6 passengers
- Cruise speed: 200 mph (322 km/h)
- Range: 150 miles (241 km)
- Flight Time: 1 hour
- Maximum payload weight: 1,100 lbs (499 kg)
- Propellers: 8 tilt-propellers
- Electric Motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Windows: Larger than standard aircraft panoramic wrap around windows allowing forward, left, right visibility for spectacular views with a solid roof above the passenger compartment
- Wings: 1 high main gull-wing type wing with winglets
- Tail: 1 high rear gull-wing type tail
- Landing gear: Retractable tricycle wheeled landing gear
- Stub wings: 2 stub wings are located on the lower portion of each side of the fuselage which hold the rear retractable wheeled landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. There are also redundancies in the sub-systems of the aircraft.
- Limosa Inc. website
- Limosa Inc. Twitter
- Limosa Inc. YouTube Channel
- Limosa Inc. LinkedIn
- Article: Limosa Inc. reveals its seven-seater LimoConnect V1 eVTOL aircraft, which has eSTOL capabilities, eVTOL Insights, Feb. 25, 2022
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)