Video-On-Demand Courses and Webinars
The following videos are available for video-on-demand sales. Each video can be played repeatedly for up to one year from the date of purchase. Each is between 3.0 and 8.5 hours.
- Electric Aircraft Symposium, July 2020: VFS co-sponsored the 14th Annual EAS, organized by the Comparative Aircraft Flight Efficiency (CAFE) Foundation. Videos from the first (free) day are available on our YouTube Channel. The entire event (12.5 hours of video recordings) is available for purchase for $125 on our Vimeo video-on-demand.
- Challenges and Progress in Electric VTOL, May 2020: Held during the time slot when the VFS Forum 76 was originally planned, this series of two sessions, totaling 3 hours, is an update on the challenges and progress of eVTOL developments, presented by industry experts. $50
- Electric VTOL Technology Short Course, Jan 2020: The Vertical Flight Society’s Short Course on Electric VTOL Technology was held in conjunction with the 7th Electric VTOL Symposium. The 7.5 hour online course four modules on rotors and aircraft, batteries, motors and acoustics by experts in the fields. The course was organized and led by Dr. Anubhav Datta, University of Maryland. $300
- Electric VTOL Fundamentals Short Course, May 2019: The VFS Short Course on Electric VTOL Fundamentals was held in conjunction with Forum 75. The 4-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and acoustics. The course was organized and led by Dr. Anubhav Datta, University of Maryland. $275
- Short Course on Electric VTOL Aeromechanics & Acoustic Prediction Software, Jan. 2019: This course was taught in conjunction with the VFS Autonomous VTOL/eVTOL Symposium by Dr. Ken Brentner (Penn State), Dan Wachspress (Continuum Dynamics), Dr. Rob McDonald (Uber Elevate) and Alex Gary (Uber Elevate). It instructs attendees on how to use PSU-WOPWOP, CDI's CHARM and NASA's OpenVSP modeling tools to conduct acoustic prediction of Electric VTOL configurations. Download the course description. Only $99!
- Electric VTOL Design Short Course, Jan 2019: This 7-hour course, taught by renowned eVTOL designer Dr. James Wang, provides an overview of the unique design challenges and opportunities of this new class of vehicles. Both electric and hybrid-electric passenger-carrying vertical flight aircraft are covered for a variety of missions ranging from personal/private use to urban air taxis to regional electric VTOL bizjets. Download the course description for this insightful course. $275
- Rotorcraft Modeling Short Course, May 2018: This 5-hour course was held in conjunction with Forum 74 and reviews various rotorcraft configurations and the challenges they represent, examines how static and periodic trim are achieved, and explores blade dynamics, rotor aerodynamics and wake modelling. $275
- Electric VTOL Fundamentals Short Course, May 2018: The inaugural VFS Short Course on Electric VTOL Fundamentals was held in conjunction with Forum 74. The 5-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and hybrid electric VTOL experience. The course was organized and led by Dr. Anubhav Datta, University of Maryland. $275
Additional education video (free for the public or free for VFS members only) are available in the Vertical Flight Video Library.