Star 8 Green
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Based in Australia, Star 8 Green, with multiple offices in South East Asia, is an innovative technology company, continuously introducing new green energy technology which includes green transportation products (such as electric scooters, electric tuk tuks, electric buses, electric boats and more), other green technology (such as solar panels and batteries) and other green applications.
In 2018, Star 8 CEO and President, Mr Jacob Maimon, commenced the Star 8’s electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft program or as the company calls it, the Electric Manned Aviation Vehicle (EMAV). In addition, another program was started by the company and its called the Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle (ECAV). The eVTOL program is under the leadership of Mr. Kyxz Mendiola, a Filipino drone and flying car enthusiast, and the developer of his first one passenger eVTOL multicopter named the Koncepto Millenya.
The ECAV 50 (ECAV = Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle) is a remotely piloted cargo drone with an open frame structure with the ability to transport up to 50 kg (110 lb) of cargo. The eight propellers and eight electric motors are at the top of the drone, the batteries are at the top of the center of the drone and there are two long leg struts with two landing skids. The top of the struts have a V shaped stabilizer bar and the bottom of the landing gear has an inverted T-shaped landing skid. The cargo is carried below the drone and between the landing gear of the drone.
A video of the drone making a test flight was been made in the fall of 2020 and showing the drone to be very responsive and capable of remote controlled flight without any mishaps.
The company foresees the most promising applications for passenger eVTOL aircraft for Air Taxis, personal flying cars, medical emergencies and air cargo.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL multicopter cargo drone
- Piloting: Remote piloted
- Maximum payload: 50 kg (110 lb)
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Range: Unknown
- Flight Time: Unknown
- Propellers: 8 propellers
- Electric Motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Landing gear: Two long leg struts with two landing skids. The top of the struts have a V shaped stabilizer bar and the bottom of the landing gear has an inverted T-shaped landing skid.
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.