Pipistrel publicly announced at the first Uber Elevate Summit in April 2017 that they were working on an eVTOL aircraft, but revealed no information.
At the second Elevate Summit on May 8, the company revealed the several different versions.
Pipistrel is the first company to have an electric airplane (eCTOL), the Alpha Electro, approved by the aviation safety regulators in Australia, Canada and the US (FAA), in April 2018.
- Search eVTOL news posts
- News article: Three New eVTOLS Unveiled at Uber Elevate, AIN online, May 9, 2018
- Uber press release, Pipistrel reveals new eVTOL concept, May 2018
- Pipistrel press release: Uber partners with Pipistrel Aircraft to manufacture electric VTOLs, April 25, 2017
- Uber press release: Uber Partners with Pipistrel Aircraft to Manufacture Electric VTOLs, April 25, 2017
- Video: Uber Elevate Summit – Jeff Holden announces Pipistrel
- Video: Uber Elevate Summit: speech of Pipistrel General Manager Ivo Boscarol
- Video: Uber Elevate Summit: speech of Dr. Tine Tomažič, Director of R&D Institute at Pipistrel
- Article: Uber Unveils Its Flying Car Prototype, engineering.com, May 22, 2018