Pipistrel publicly announced at the first Uber Elevate Summit in April 2017 that they were working on an eVTOL aircraft, but revealed no information.
At the second Elevate Summit on May 8, the company revealed the several different versions.
Pipistrel is the first company to have an electric airplane (eCTOL), the Alpha Electro, approved by the aviation safety regulators in Australia, Canada and the US (FAA), in April 2018.
- News posts
- Uber press release: Uber partners with Pipistrel Aircraft to manufacture electric VTOLs
- Pipistrel press release: Uber Partners with Pipistrel Aircraft to Manufacture Electric VTOLs
- Uber Elevate Summit – Jeff Holden announces Pipistrel
- Uber Elevate Summit – speech of Pipistrel General Manager Ivo Boscarol
- Uber Elevate Summit – speech of Dr. Tine Tomažič, Director of R&D Institute at Pipistrel