Alwinart (Sagstuen) Tesla eVTOL Concept
Tesla eVTOL Concept
Alwinart (social media username)
Bror Alwin Sagstuen
Bror Alwin Sagstuen is an Industrial Design student at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Norway. (According to a July 2022 news article, he is 21 years of age.) He goes by Alwinart for his social media username and also for other websites where he showcases his design talents. He has made multiple types of industrial designs from joysticks, to ATVs (for accessibility) and to electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. All graphics credit to Bror Alwin Sagstuen.
The Tesla eVTOL Concept is a concept design eVTOL passenger aircraft. There are almost no specifications provided by the designer; however, there are some unique design features for his aircraft. The aircraft certainly has a very futuristic sleek look to it and has what appears to be a good aerodynamic design. The aerodynamics of the aircraft can only be proven to be real-world airworthy with subscale and full scale prototypes actually flying in the air.
While it is not known if this is a one or two passenger aircraft, the eVTOL aircraft has a canopy over the cockpit providing excellent views for the passenger(s). The fuselage in the front of the cockpit has a normal depth for an aircraft fuselage and the tail of the aircraft slopes upward and the entire tail of the aircraft is the height level of the top of the fuselage. This design gives the aircraft again, a very futuristic look.
The aircraft has one low main swept-back wing with winglets. The main wing has a fan-in-wing on the left and right of the main wing. The fan-in-wings on the main wing are used for all movements of flight including VTOL flight, forward flight and rearward flight. The two front fan-in-wings can rotate to a vertical position for different flight movements. The rear tail is a swept-back horizontal stabilizer with winglets. There is one fan-in-fuselage in the tail of the aircraft which is located between the rear horizontal stabilizers. It is unknown if the rear fan-in-fuselage is for VTOL flight only or if it is used for all modes of flight.
Because the propellers are inside the wings, this makes the aircraft safe for any person around the aircraft when the aircraft is powered-up and when the motors are off. The aircraft doesn't show the landing gear configuration; however, the landing gear is retractable. The aircraft has either retractable tricycle wheeled or retractable tricycle strut-like landing gear.
Sagstuen's Tesla eVTOL Concept was specifically designed for use in a 3-D printer. According to the industrial design student, the first 3-D printable file was too complicated to print. After this was discovered, a more simplified 3-D printable file was made and the printed eVTOL aircraft was successfully made. And the new 3-D file was also successful at being a scalable 3-D print file.
Sagstuen was featured in a July 2022 Norwegian news article with several of his industrial design projects. He had created a passenger van ground vehicle and Elon Musk responded to his Twitter post and Musk said his design was "Not bad. It is high time the future looked like the future." Will Musk see Sagstuen's eVTOL passenger aircraft? Only time will tell.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL passenger concept design aircraft
- Piloting: Unknown
- Capacity: 1 or 2 passengers, estimated
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Range: Unknown
- Flight time: Unknown
- Cruise altitude: Unknown
- Propellers: 3 fan-in-wings
- Electric motors: 3 electric motors (or possibly 6 electric motors)
- Power source: Batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Window: Canopy over cockpit
- Wings: 1 main low swept-back wing with winglets
- Tail: 1 horizontal swept-back stabilizer with winglets
- Landing gear: Retractable wheeled (or struts) landing gear
- Safety feature: The propellers are inside the wings which make the aircraft safe for any person around the aircraft when the aircraft is powered up and when the motors are off.
- Alwinart Facebook
- Alwinart Twitter
- Alwinart YouTube Channel
- Alwinart Instagram
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology website
- Red Bubble
- Article: Tesla eVTOL Concept, 3dmixers, Date unknown
- Article: Tesla eVTOL Concept, MakerBot Thingiverse, June 3, 2021
- Article: NTNU student wants to make an alternative wheelchair for children, NRK, July 13, 2022
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)