Event 38 Unmanned Systems, Inc.
Akron, Ohio, USA
Event 38 Unmanned Systems, Inc. based in Akron, Ohio (USA), was founded in 2011 and provides easy to use drones, sensors and data analytics designed specifically for construction, environmental conservation, mining, precision agriculture and surveying. Event 38 drones offer long flight times, large payloads and high resolution sensors.
The company announced on Sept. 14, 2020 that it has been commissioned by a university research team to build a heavy-lift electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft (eVTOL) for a highly specialized physics payload. The eVTOL drone will be able to carry a maximum payload of 150 lbs (69 kg) and have ability to hold the payload almost motionless for 30 minutes, for data collection purposes. The first flight for the heavy-lift drone is scheduled to take place in late 2020.
Event 38 see the heavy-lift technology having many applications including disaster response, personnel recovery and industrial logistics.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL cargo drone
- Maximum payload weight: 150 lbs (69 kg)
- Maximum gross weight: 600 lbs (272 kg)
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Hovering capability: Ability to hold payload almost motionless, for data collection purposes
- Flight time: 30 minutes
- Altitude: 14,764 ft Mean Sea Level (MSL), 4,500 m MSL
- Propellers: 8
- Electric Motors: 8
- Power source: Batteries
- Width and Length: 11 ft X 11 ft (3.35 m X 3.35 m)
- Landing gear: 4 fixed landing legs
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.