Lazzarini Design Studio
Pierpaolo Lazzarini founded the Lazzarini Design Studio in June 2010 in Rome, Italy, after spending many years working in the automotive industry. His freelance designer who employs team of designers, engineers and dreamers who believe in different design approach, using past designs to influence contemporary designs. The design studio creates concept art for the automotive, yachting, architecture, consumer products and aerospace industries.
Lazzarini Design Studio caters to the manufacturing world bringing ideas from the concept phase, to modeling, animation, programming, and engineering, using high quality 3-D renderings and video. The studio imagines the future design of flying aircraft. The Lazzarini Design Studio's motto is, "Think about the future, never forget the past."
The Linux is a hybrid-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft which uses a multi-functional chassis, meaning the Lazzarini Design Studio envisions using the same chassis for their series of Linux vehicle models which include car, boat and hybrid-electric vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft. Each of the Linux vehicles have the same basic look. However, the chassis will be modified by the manufacture depending upon what type of vehicle the consumer wishes to purchase.
The Linux VTOL aircraft is a small vehicle and can land easily on a roof top landing pad, on the street or in a driveway. The aircraft has gull wing doors for ease of entry or exit from the vehicle and has large windows for forward, rear and side views. Their has been no mention of the possible cruising speed or range for the Linux hybrid-electric VTOL aircraft.
The Lazzarini Design Studio is seeking investors to help start the construction of prototypes for their multiple hybrid-electric VTOL aircraft designs.
- Aircraft type: Hybrid-electric VTOL
- Pilot: 1
- Capacity: 4 passengers including the pilot
- Propellers: 8
- Electric Motors: 8
- Windows: Large front window and each door has side windows which curve and form into a sunroof
- Doors: Gull wing doors
- Landing gear: Skid type
- Chassis: Carbon fiber
- Length: 4 meters (13 feet)
- Width: 1.9 meters (6.2 feet)
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.
- Lazzarini Design Studio website
- Lazzarini Design Studio Facebook
- Lazzarini Design Studio Twitter
- Lazzarini Design Studio YouTube Channel
- Lazzarini Design Studio Instagram
- Lazzarini Design Studio LinkedIn
- Video: Linux, Lazzarini Design, April 14, 2020
- Article: Jet capsule reveals multifunctional 'Linux' vehicle for water, land + sky mobility", Design Boom, April 15, 2020
- Article: Linux Modular Concept Can Travel by Water, on Land, on Snow and in the Air, Autoevolution, July 17, 2020