Pantuo Pantala Concept H
Pantala Concept H
Longhua, Shanghai, China
Founded in 2019, Pantuo Aviation located in Shanghai, China, was created by a group of aviation and electric vehicle professionals to develop advance electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft and other key technologies for Urban Air Mobility (UAM). The company's goal is to manufacture and produce highly secure, intelligent, zero carbon eVTOL passenger aircraft.
The Pantala Concept H is an autonomous five passenger eVTOL aircraft with an estimated cruise speed of 300 km/h (186 mph) and the range is estimated at 250 km (155 miles). The aircraft has canard tilt-wings and each tilt-wing has multiple large diameter ducted fans. The rear ducted fan tilt-wing has winglets. The company has stated this is the first eVTOL with ducted fans inside tilt-wings made in China.
The forewing has four ducted fans inside each wing and the rear wing has seven ducted fans inside the wing making a total of 22 ducted fans and 22 electric motors on the aircraft. Instead of each ducted fan turning independently of each other, the ducted fans are stationary on the wing assembly and each tilting wing moves independently of each other providing maximum control of the aircraft in calm or gusty winds. The ducted fans inside the tilting wings are the aircraft's primary way of maneuvering the aircraft in any direction.
The pilot sits in the forward section of the aircraft and the passengers have 2X2 seating. The interior of aircraft is said to be a spacious interior. The company states the interior of the cabin, will provide a passenger experience that is beyond luxury cars. The Pantala Concept H aircraft has a sleek modern look and resembles the Lilium Jet passenger eVTOL aircraft but has multiple design differences.
Using electric ducted fans on any any aircraft will reduce the operating noise of the aircraft, increases the safety of the passengers, reduces the purchasing price of the aircraft and reduces the maintenance operating cost of the aircraft. Pantuo Aviation's concept art shows that the name printed on the side of the aircraft is Pantala eVTOL.
The aircraft has a canopy over the cockpit and passenger area providing spectacular views for the pilot and passengers. The aircraft has retractable wheeled landing gear which provides the aircraft with better efficiency when in flight. Wheeled landing gear also makes it easier to move the aircraft when on the ground by the flight crew or ground crew.
Pantuo Aviation posted a video on June 6, 2022 of their ½ scale Demonstrator T1 flying for the first time, according to the video. The video does not state where the flight test took place or on the exact date of the flight test. As of June 2022, no timeline from the company has been estimated for serial production to begin.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL passenger aircraft
- Piloting: Piloted and autonomous
- Capacity: 5 passengers
- Cruise speed: 300 km/h (186 mph)
- Range: 250 km (155 miles)
- Flight Time: Unknown
- Ducted fans: 22 ducted fans
- Electric Motors: 22 electric motors
- Power source: Batter packs
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Windows: Panoramic windows allowing forward, left, right and top visibility, for spectacular views
- Wings: Canard tilt-wings with ducted inside the wings. The rear wing winglets.
- Landing gear: Retractable tricycle wheeled landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft.
- Pantuo Aviation website
- Pantuo Aviation Twitter
- Pantuo Aviation YouTube Channel
- Pantuo Aviation LinkedIn
- Video: Pantala Concept H, Pantuo Aviation, Sep. 26, 2021
- Video: A Vision Beyond Time, Pantuo Aviation, Oct. 7, 2021
- Article: Welcome to China’s “Pantala H Concept” latest eVTOL, Urban Air Mobility News, Oct. 11, 2021
- Article: Two new eVTOL projects emerge from China, New Atlas, Oct. 14, 2021
- Article: China’s Pantuo Joins eVTOL Race, Aviation Week, Nov. 4, 2021
- Article: Pantuo Aviation unveils China's answer to the Lilium Jet, New Atlas, Nov. 30, 2021
- Article: China's Rising eVTOL Industry, Vertiflite, Nov/Dec 2021
- Video: Off the ground, Pantuo Aviation, June 6, 2022
- Article: An exclusive look at Pantuo Aviation’s luxury Pantala Concept H eVTOL aircraft, eVTOL Magazine, July 15, 2022
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)