Novo Naselje, Vojvodina, Serbia
Founded in 2020 in Serbia, PR-DC is company in the business of making electric vertical aircraft and takeoff (eVTOL) and hybrid-electric VTOL aircraft for Urban Air Mobility (UAM).
PR-DC has already designed and flown their first one passenger multicopter eVTOL aircraft for Urban Air Mobility, called the Flying Car. The maiden flight of the PR-DC Flying Car took place in an open field on Jan 24, 2021 in Serbia. The company has stated, "Personal Urban Air Mobility as we imagined for decades, has just arrived."
The company states they have a full in-house research & development department, in-house aircraft design, the ability to verify the validity of their aircraft to manufacturing the final product. The company first creates a full digital model of the aircraft allowing any design changes to be made, to optimize the aircraft, to test the validity of the aircraft and to product components from the digital designs.
PR-DC uses full-stack programming including very small embedded computers, graphical interfaces, apps implementing artificial intelligence and desktop programs, these are the company's life-critical systems.
The production materials used include a wide range of metal alloys to precisely designed state-of-the-art composite materials. The electronics are also state-of-the-art for flight controlling with redundancy, power source management, computer vision and high-performance, secure, and uninterruptable radio data and video links.
The company has already has a full in-house full pilot training course for future Urban Air Mobility pilots including using their own custom made flying simulators.
PR-DC states they believe there is no universal solution for Urban Air Mobility at this point in history so the company is making their aircraft flexible enough from the start so that both electric and hybrid-electric power trains can be used for all their aircraft.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL passenger aircraft
- Piloting: 1 pilot
- Capacity: 1 person (the pilot)
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Range: Unknown
- Propellers: 8
- Electric Motors: 8
- Total power: 200 kW (268 hp)
- Power source: Lithium batteries
- Maximum payload: 100+ kg (200+ lb)
- Empty weight: Unknown
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Height: 1.32 m (4.33 ft)
- Length: 4.82 m (15.81 ft)
- Width: 3.59 m (11.78 ft)
- Windows: Canopy with full visibility for pilot
- Landing gear: Tricycle skid type landing gear
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft. Each rotor is ducted and safer for pilot and ground crew.