PFV Personal Flying Vehicle #1
Personal Flying Vehicle #1
PFV Technologies Inc.
Hurleyville, NY, USA
The Personal Flying Vehicle #1 is a hybrid electric lift + cruise Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) flying car.
The PVF #1 has a lifting/gliding body configuration with a high stabilized in the rear. There is a quad of independently controlled hybrid electric forward and aft vertical lifting fans. It also has a rear mounted rocket or turboJet/turboFan for cruise mode. Speed is 560 km/h. The body is 4.9 m long, 4 m wide and 1.22 m high. It will carry two passengers and can be piloted or fly autonomously.
PVF Technologies intends the vehicle to be utilized as an air taxi, personal vehicle or for police and military use. The PVF #1 will be capable of water landings.
The project began in 2005. A prototype (“The Flying Squirrel”) is planned for 2020.
- PFV Technologies Inc. website
- Lyte Aviation LA-44 SkyBus
- Voltline Skyla_V2 (production aircraft)
- Voltline Skyla_V1 (prototype)
- Voltline Skyla (prototype)
- V_Space V Speeder V3
- V_Space V Speeder V2
- Sikorsky Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Demonstrator (HEX)
- ARC Aero Systems C-150 (production model)
- Joby Aviation S4 1.0 (technology demonstrator)
- Alauda Airspeeder Mk4 (hydrogen-electric)