EMAV-4 Flying Taxi
Star 8 Green
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Based in Australia, Star 8 Green, with multiple offices in South East Asia, is an innovative technology company, continuously introducing new green energy technology which includes green transportation products (such as electric scooters, electric tuk tuks, electric buses, electric boats and more), other green technology (such as solar panels and batteries) and other green applications.
In 2018, Star 8 CEO and President, Mr Jacob Maimon, commenced the Star 8’s electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft program or as the company calls it, the Electric Manned Aviation Vehicle (EMAV). In addition, another program was started by the company and its called the Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle (ECAV). The eVTOL program is under the leadership of Mr. Kyxz Mendiola, a Filipino drone and flying car enthusiast, and the developer of his first one passenger eVTOL multicopter named the Koncepto Millenya.
The EMAV-4 Flying Taxi four passenger, one pilot and three passengers, eVTOL multicopter concept design has been made specifically as an Air Taxi for Urban Air Mobility (UAM). The aircraft has a maximum speed of 70 kp/h (43 mph), a flight time of 20 minutes and has a cruising altitude of 120 m (394 ft). The passenger aircraft has large windows to make the flying experience more enjoyable, has 14 propellers, 14 electric motors, is powered by eight sets of batteries and has skid-type landing gear. As of May 2021, the company is in the process of designing the aircraft.
The company foresees the most promising applications for passenger eVTOL aircraft for Air Taxis, personal flying cars, medical emergencies and air cargo.
- Aircraft type: Passenger eVTOL multicopter
- Piloting: 1 pilot
- Capacity: 3 passengers
- Maximum speed: 70 kp/h (43 mph)
- Cruising altitude: 120 m (394 ft)
- Flight Time: 20 minutes
- Propellers: 14 propellers
- Electric Motors: 14 electric motors
- Power source: 8 sets of batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite and aircraft grade aluminium
- Windows: Large windows for spectacular views with a solid roof above the passenger compartment
- Landing gear: Skid type landing gear.
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.