Star 8 Green
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Based in Australia, Star 8 Green, with multiple offices in South East Asia, is an innovative technology company, continuously introducing new green energy technology which includes green transportation products (such as electric scooters, electric tuk tuks, electric buses, electric boats and more), other green technology (such as solar panels and batteries) and other green applications.
In 2018, Star 8 CEO and President, Mr Jacob Maimon, commenced the Star 8’s electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft program or as the company calls it, the Electric Manned Aviation Vehicle (EMAV). In addition, another program was started by the company and its called the Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle (ECAV). The eVTOL program is under the leadership of Mr. Kyxz Mendiola, a Filipino drone and flying car enthusiast, and the developer of his first one passenger eVTOL multicopter named the Koncepto Millenya.
The Hoverboard V2.0 is a one person recreational eVTOL prototype that has a flight time of 6–8 minutes and where the pilot stands on the airframe and flies the aircraft. There is no seat on the aircraft. The aircraft has eight propellers (facing downward) attached beneath the main open airframe. The first video of the Hoverboard 2.0 flying was posted on Mendiola's YouTube Channel on May 22, 2021.
The hoverboard has a maximum payload weight of 75 kg (165 lb) and has a fixed square landing skid in the middle of the hoverboard. Inside the landing skid is where the batteries are stored. This type of landing skid also reduces the complexity of the aircraft. The aircraft has multiple redundant systems so that if any flight system fails, the pilot can land the aircraft safely.
The company foresees the most promising applications for passenger eVTOL aircraft for Air Taxis, personal flying cars, medical emergencies and air cargo.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL multicopter hoverboard
- Piloting: 1 pilot standing, there is no seating
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Flight time: 6-8 minutes
- Propellers: 8 propellers
- Electric Motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Maximum payload weight: 75 kg (165 lb)
- Fuselage: Aircraft grade aluminium
- Landing gear: Fixed landing legs
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.