Xagon Solutions XC Heavy
Xagon Solutions, Inc.
Irvine, California, USA
Founded by Alexander Balan, CEO, in September 2019 (Irvine, California, USA), Xagon Solutions is company making electric 360° rotating electric Adaptive Ducted Fans and heavy-lift cargo drones for commercial and military use. The company predicts their Adaptive Ducted Fans will help propel the electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger and cargo industry to advance.
The cutting-edge electric Adaptive Ducted Fan technology saves up to 30% energy, decreases noise, provides 35-40% more thrust, and increases the carrying capacity for electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) and hybrid-electric VTOL drones versus the carrying capacity of today's conventional ducted fans.
The company is also in the business of manufacturing a heavy-lift cargo drone capable of carrying a shipping containers and providing large drones for military use. The name of the newly designed cargo drone is the XC Heavy. The cargo drone is autonomous, uses four of the company's own Adaptive Ducted Fans and can carry intermodal shipping containers. The landing gear type is unknown as of February 2021.
Xagon's Advanced Rotation System provides super-high maneuverability for aircraft due to the ability of the fan to freely rotate 360° based on the needs of the aircraft and which no other known ducted fan system can provide. The Adaptive Ducted Fan uses only ultra-light and super-resistant materials allowing for advanced maneuverability and reducing the weight of the aircraft.
The company foresees their Adaptive Ducted Fan to be installed on any electric aircraft and has been designed for ease of installation. The company has not indicated when their ducted fan technology or drones will be available for sale.
- Aircraft type: Hybrid-electric VTOL heavy-lift cargo drone
- Piloting: Autonomous
- Cargo: Capable of carrying shipping containers
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Range: Unknown
- Maximum payload: Unknown (However, cargo aircraft can hold a shipping container, which are very heavy.)
- Propellers: 4 Adaptive Ducted Fans
- Electric Motors: Unknown
- Power source: Unknown
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Landing gear: Unknown
- Xagon Solutions website
- Xagon Solutions YouTube Channel
- Video: UAV/UAS - VTOL - Propulsion System - Proof of Concept, Xagon Solutions Inc., Nov. 17, 2020
- IO Aircraft Challenger SC
- V.MO Sky Garden (full scale mockup)
- Lyte Aviation LA-44 SkyBus
- Voltline Skyla_V2 (production aircraft)
- Voltline Skyla_V1 (prototype)
- Voltline Skyla (prototype)
- V_Space V Speeder V3
- V_Space V Speeder V2
- Sikorsky Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Demonstrator (HEX)
- ARC Aero Systems C-150 (production model)