Deep Blue Aviation
Kufstein, Tyrol, Austria
Marc Meder is the founder and CEO of Deep Blue Aviation of Austria. The company designs, manufactures, tests pioneering designs, drive systems for electric vertical take off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. The company uses multiple specialists in conjunction with aerospace universities. The aircraft are environmentally friendly and made with multiple advanced controls and safety features to ensure a comfortable and safe flight.
Their aircraft have been designed so that normally used buildings and infrastructure are not needed for takeoff and landing. In addition, their all electric aircraft is much quieter than conventional petroleum fueled aircraft engines making their urban aircraft more accepted by people living in any urban area. And because it’s an all electric aircraft, this will make the aircraft a clean aircraft and much better for the environment.
The Sky Cruiser is a hybrid-electric vertical take-off and landing will have several models including a cargo drone aircraft or a passengers aircraft. The aircraft design has been made for multiple types of Urban Air Mobility missions. The propulsion is generated by two components. The fuselage is filled with helium, like an airship, which takes over 95% of the load capacity. For vertical lift the aircraft has four under-slung propellers and for forward flight, uses two rear pusher propellers.
All six propellers provide better maneuverability for the aircraft because all six propellers can be rotated independently of each other by computer control. By having multiple propellers on the aircraft makes it safer for the passengers or cargo because if one or several propellers fail, the other propellers can safely land the aircraft.
The passenger version is 48 m (157 feet) in length and holds 10 people with a maximum payload of payload of 900 kg (1,984 lbs). The cruise speed for this aircraft is approximately 140 km/h (87 mph).
- Aircraft type: eVTOL and helium lift.
- Piloting: Autonomous
- Capacity: 10 people or cargo
- Propellers: 6
- Electric Motors: 6
- Windows: Panoramic windows providing spectacular views.
- Landing gear: Unknown, either skid or wheeled landing gear.
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft. Wings also provide an additional feature, if some or all of the propellers fail, the aircraft can glide safely for a landing. An additional safety features is the propellers are inside the wings a fuselage of the aircraft eliminating the possibility of passengers or crew being hurt by the propellers.
- Deep Blue Aviation website