Combat Scout (concept design)
Macomb Township, Michigan, USA
Doug Didia is a prolific visualization designer based in Macomb Township, Michigan, USA. Didia has designed and/or has made CGI product visualizations of cars, trucks, jeeps, vans, tractor trailers, farm equipment, electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, hybrid-electric VTOL aircraft, tanks, military vehicles, military helicopters, military airplanes, military ships and more. He is also a creative director, marketing professional, branding professional, creative concept development, virtual experimentation, defines narratives, a storyteller, visioneer, a conventional illustrator, digital imaging, graphic designer, creates advertising campaigns and more.
The Combat Scout is an armed military eVTOL one passenger concept design aircraft that has a canopy over the cockpit. The canopy provides excellent views for the pilot. The aircraft has four ducted propellers, with two propellers in each duct which makes a total of eight propellers. There are eight electric motors that power the propellers. The aircraft has a H-tail and has fixed skid landing gear.
- Aircraft type: Armed military eVTOL passenger concept design aircraft
- Piloting: Pilot optional
- Propellers: 4 ducted propellers (8 propellers)
- Electric motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Window: Canopy over cockpit
- Tail: 1 H-tail (two vertical stabilizers)
- Landing gear: Fixed skid landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. There are also redundancies in the sub-systems of the aircraft.