ThrustCycle Enterprises is a Honolulu based company founded in 2010 by Clyde Igarashi and David Ryker for the purpose of developing gyroscopic technologies for use in land and air vehicles. In a similar manner to the company's GyroCycle concept, the GyroDrone would use two gyroscopes that stabilize the vehicle while stationary and in flight. The creators contend that the large-scale adoption of gyroscopic technology in evtol aircraft will allow designers to pursue concepts that would be unfeasible otherwise.
The aircraft was revealed in November 2018 as a conceptual design, and as of July 2020 ThrustCycle has yet to provide any updates.
- ThrustCycle website
- ThrustCycle Facebook
- ThrustCycle Twitter
- ThrustCycle YouTube
- Article: No kickstand needed: The self-balancing GyroCycle will hit the streets in 2017, Digital Trends, Dec. 11, 2016
- Article: Gyrodrone VTOL aircraft concept is stabilized by two gyroscopes, Designboom, Nov. 12, 2018
- Article: Flying Bikes Are Coming Soon, To Rid You Of Your Traffic Woes, Yanko Design, Nov. 15, 2018
- Article: The Thrustcycle 'GyroDrone' Lets Riders Bypass Ground Traffic, Trendhunter, Nov. 16, 2018
- Article: Gyrodrone VTOL aircraft concept is stabilized by two gyroscopes, Techeblog, Nov. 19, 2018