Van Nuys, California, USA
In the above graphic, from New Atlas: "Computer render of Jetpack Aviation's electric VTOL concept, which is expected to have an initial 20-minute flight endurance, which will be extended either using a small generator, or as battery technology develops (Credit: Jetpack Aviation)"
JetPack Aviation has also made two (1) production models of a one (1) passenger jet pack which uses modified turbojet engines which can run on kerosene, JetA or diesel. The two (2) JetPack models are the JB10 and JB11.
As the summer of 2019, the JB10 Jetpack has made many flights in both America and internationally, including in support of the Red Bull Air Race events. Control is achieved by the pilot vectoring the entire engine, rather than just vectoring thrust. This is how they achieve great maneuverability and speed control. They produce and sell a ultralight category version and an experimental version. Both Jetpacks can travel just under 120 mph (193 km/h) and the JB10 can travel for eight (8) minutes and the JB11 can travel for ten (10) minutes.
As of February 2019, the base price for the JB10 Jetpack is $295,000.00 USD and for the JB11 Jetpack, the base price is $340,000.00 USD. The company notes that their prices are subject to indexed price escalation to delivery date, and options chosen.
Jetpack Aviation is also making what they call, "The Speeder™" and is touted as the first motorcycle of the sky. It's a one (1) passenger personal hoverbike VTOL aircraft powered by four (4) turbojet engines using kerosene/JetA/Diesel Fuel for fuel. It's maximum speed will be 150 mph (241 km/h) and it's endurance will be in the 10 to 20 minute range.
JetPack Aviation has stated on their website, they only selling twenty (20) speeders for recreational use because all future production will be sold to governments and the military. For now, it is classified as an ultralight or experimental aircraft.
The total base price for The Speeder™ is $380,000.00 USD as of February 2019. Subject to indexed price escalation to delivery date and options chosen. As of July 2019, their site states, "We are currently test flying a 1/3rd scale prototype of The Speeder™. All performance specifications are preliminary and will not be confirmed until the completion of our flight test program."
- Jetpack Aviation website
- Jetpack Aviation Jetpack web page
- Jetpack Aviation The Speeder™ web page
- Jetpack Aviation Facebook
- Jetpack Aviation Twitter
- Jetpack Aviation Instagram
- Jetpack Aviation YouTube Channel
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfo_iOjsbvc
- Article: Jetpack pioneer David Mayman's new electric VTOL flying car project, New Atlas, Feb. 1, 2017
- Video: Jetpack company developing new electric VTOL flying car, News Direct, Mar. 21, 2017
- Article: The Speeder: Jetpack Aviation opens pre-orders on jet powered flying motorcycle, New Atlas, Mar. 6, 2019
- Article: A California company says it’s building a flying motorcycle powered by jet engines, The Washington Post, Mar. 13, 2019