Mountain View, California, USA
Zee Aero has been hovering (unmanned) its full-scale e-VTOL aircraft at Hollister Municipal Airport in California. Steve Eggleston at DK Turbines spotted the aircraft being towed out to the runway. (Steve Eggleston, used with permission)
Surreptitious photos show a multicopter concept similar to patent applications filed since 2010. The company is privately funded by Google billionaire Larry Page.
Patent 9,242,738 (granted Jan. 2016) illustrates a high-mounted series of vertically mounted electric propellers.
- News posts
- Zee Z-P1 Spotted Again, May 2017
- Air Mobility Bonanza Beckons Electric VTOL Developers, March 2017
- The Demand for On-Demand Mobility, Jan 2017
- Lift Where You Need It, Nov 2016
- AHS International Leads Transformative Vertical Flight Initiative, 1 Nov 2014