Baaz Concept Design
Baaz Concept Design
Dr. Hossein MalekZadeh founded Baaz Flight in Germany, to create an Urban Air Mobility (UAM) electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft to help people travel quickly and safely in urban areas. The eVTOL aircraft is a concept design from Baaz to provide customers around the world with the capability to take advantage of urban air mobility.
The Baaz eVTOL urban aircraft have the following characteristics:
- It will react faster to obstacles or hazards than conventional aircraft making it a much safer aircraft to fly
- Have a long range
- Be pollution free
- Be a quiet aircraft
- Be autonomous, allowing more people to fly without being a pilot
- Will have a quick rechargeable batteries allowing for almost continuous operation during the day and night
- Will help you travel throughout any urban area faster and safely
The concept eVTOL aircraft has six ducted propellers, with six electric motors, one can surmise that the aircraft will hold four passengers, with large windows for spectacular views for the passengers, a high wing design in the center of the aircraft to help with extend the range of the aircraft and has fixed tricycle landing. The company has recently posted a new computer graphic in August 2020 on their Facebook Page.
The company has developed a production model named the Baaz B5 and is more details can be found on the Baaz B5 eVTOL News web page here.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL
- Piloting: Autonomous
- Capacity: 4 (possibly)
- Propellers: 6 ducted propellers
- Electric Motors: 6
- Windows: Large windows for spectacular views
- Wings: Three surface wing
- Landing gear: Fixed tricycle wheeled landing gear
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.
- IO Aircraft Challenger SC
- V.MO Sky Garden (full scale mockup)
- Lyte Aviation LA-44 SkyBus
- Voltline Skyla_V2 (production aircraft)
- Voltline Skyla_V1 (prototype)
- Voltline Skyla (prototype)
- V_Space V Speeder V3
- V_Space V Speeder V2
- Sikorsky Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Demonstrator (HEX)
- ARC Aero Systems C-150 (production model)