Dahir Insaat Rouge Rail
Russian engineer and inventor Dahir Semenov, also known as Dahir Kurmanbievich Semenov, has a long track record of imaginative and occasionally terrifying, visions of future technology. His company name, Dahir Insaat, is Turkish for Dahir Construction and was founded in 2006. The Fire Fighting Rescue electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) and ground vehicle one of his most intriguing designs, and is part of a larger number of ideas for gyroscopic vehicles. Semenov has designed a multitude of concepts from buildings, to ground vehicles, trains, eVTOL aircraft and more.
Dahir Insaat's Rouge Rail is a high capacity tri-level eVTOL aircraft concept design and is generically called a "flying train" by its inventor because it has a unique design where the aircraft flies above a stationary electrified rail with a long power chord trailing from behind the aircraft. The way the aircraft receives its power allows the aircraft to be very large while at the same time allowing a large aircraft have zero emissions.
The Rouge Rail fuselage has a more tradition rectangular fuselage shape allowing the aircraft to maximize its passenger capability. The aircraft design holds approximately 2,000 passengers based on multiple cut-away graphics made by the inventor. The aircraft is designed to land on top of an airport-type terminal and passengers enter and exit the aircraft in the open air, without the use of an enclosed gangway or jetway (officially called a passenger boarding bridge).
The Rouge Rail uses a tandem tilt-wing configuration, each wing has 24 ducted propellers for VTOL flight and the entire wing rotates to its appropriate position for transition, forward and vertical flight. Each main tandem wing has winglets. The tail has one vertical stabilizer and has two ducted propellers in the tail for lateral control. There are total of 50 ducted propellers on the aircraft, each main wing sporting 12 ducted propellers and the tail has two stationary ducted propellers. The aircraft also has a front canard which tilt independently. For landing, the aircraft has a retractable wheeled quadricycle landing gear arrangement.
The company is looking for investors to begin building the aircraft, terminals and the power rail system.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL high capacity aircraft
- Piloting: Unknown
- Capacity: Tri-level high capacity rectangular passenger compartment, holding approximately 2,000 passengers
- Maximum payload: Unknown
- Propellers: 50 ducted propellers (48 ducted propellers in the wings and 2 ducted propellers in the tail for lateral control)
- Electric Motors: 50 electric motors
- Power source: Long electric cord provides power to the eVTOL aircraft
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Windows: Large windows providing better views for the passengers
- Wings: Tandem wings (vertically centered on the fuselage) with winglets
- Canard: Has canard wings in the front of the aircraft which tilt independently
- Tail: 1 vertical stabilizer (or vertical tail) with two stationary ducted fans in the tail for lateral control
- Landing gear: Retractable quadricycle wheeled landing gear
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft. Can land like a plane if there is a runway or road available.
- Dahir Insaat website
- Dahir Insaat Facebook
- Dahir Insaat Twitter
- Dahir Insaat YouTube Channel
- Dahir Insaat Instagram
- Dahir Insaat LinkedIn
- Dahir Insaat Wikipedia
- Article: Meet Dahir Semenov, the inventor behind a strange, dream-like world, Honi Soit, June 1, 2018
- Video: Flying wagon, Dahir Insaat, May 22, 2020
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)