Fei Peng FP-981C
The Fei Peng Company is in the business of building electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) cargo drones. At this time, we are unaware if the company has a website and we don't know what city they are based. If anyone from the Fei Peng Company can contact us and provide us with more information about their company and the FP-981C cargo drone, please contact us here: email@example.com
It was reported the company attended the 14th China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition held in Zhuhai, Guangdong, China but we can't firmed this using the exhibition's website.
The FP-981C remote piloted (or possibly autonomous) eVTOL cargo drone has one high main wing with eight VTOL propellers, one pusher propeller, a boom mounted tail with fixed skid landing gear. The drone has maximum payload of 75 kg (165 lb) with a range of 100 km (62 m). The advantage of this type of aircraft configuration is that the aircraft can takeoff from almost any place with an open space and is a long range drone, due to its high main wing.
The company has what looks like a full-scale prototype, flown in 2022. No other information has been provided about the cargo drone or the goals of the company.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL cargo drone
- Piloting: Remote of autonomous
- Capacity: Cargo only
- Range: 100 km (62 m)
- Maximum payload: 75 kg (165 lb)
- Propellers: 9 propellers (8 VTOL propellers, 1 pusher propeller)
- Electric motors: 9 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Wings: 1 main high wing
- Tail: Boom mounted high horizontal stabilizer
- Landing gear: Fixed skid landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. There are also redundancies in the sub-systems of the aircraft. The aircraft could also land like a conventional aircraft and skid to a stop if landing on a flat hard surface.
- Fei Peng website unknown
- Video: FP-981C cargo drone test flight, Unknown publisher, Unknown date of video
- IO Aircraft Challenger SC
- V.MO Sky Garden (full scale mockup)
- Lyte Aviation LA-44 SkyBus
- Voltline Skyla_V2 (production aircraft)
- Voltline Skyla_V1 (prototype)
- Voltline Skyla (prototype)
- V_Space V Speeder V3
- V_Space V Speeder V2
- Sikorsky Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Demonstrator (HEX)
- ARC Aero Systems C-150 (production model)