Lazzarini Design Studio
Pierpaolo Lazzarini founded the Lazzarini Design Studio in June 2010 in Rome, Italy, after spending many years working in the automotive industry. His freelance designer who employs team of designers, engineers and dreamers who believe in different design approach, using past designs to influence contemporary designs. The design studio creates concept art for the automotive, yachting, architecture, consumer products and aerospace industries.
Lazzarini Design Studio caters to the manufacturing world bringing ideas from the concept phase, to modeling, animation, programming, and engineering, using high quality 3-D renderings and video. The studio imagines the future design of flying aircraft. The Lazzarini Design Studio's motto is, "Think about the future, never forget the past."
The Stratosfera pod is an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) multicopter concept design that accommodates two passengers for Urban Air Mobility (UAM). There are four ducted housings which attach to the top of the pod, each duct containing two propellers. This multicopter arrangement of propellers allows flight in all directions and its cruise speed is estimated to be 300 km/h (186 mph). The pod is spherical in design, providing enough room inside for passengers while mechanically creating a strong fuselage for safety.
The Stratosfera pod is a modular concept design allowing the passenger pod to be used for air, land and water travel. Add multicopter propellers to the top of the pod and it flies in the air. Add four wheels to the bottom of the pod and it can travel on roads. Add a hydrofoil extension with propellers to the bottom of the pod and it can travel above water.
The pod has been designed so the main window is also the passenger door. The entire door is a window except for the frame of the door. This not only allows excellent forward views for the passengers but also allows an easy way to enter and exit the aircraft.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL multicopter
- Piloting: Autonomous
- Capacity: 2 passengers
- Cruise speed: 300 km/h (186 mph)
- Range: Unknown
- Flight Time: Unknown
- Cruise altitude: Unknown
- Propellers: 8 counter-rotating propellers
- Electric Motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Fuselage: Spherical-shaped carbon fiber composite fuselage
- Windows: Has a large front window and small windows on both sides and in the rear of the aircraft
- Landing gear: Retractable fixed-skid landing gear
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.