Vultran Tyger 1
Lee Rosario, Concept Designer
Orlando, Florida, USA
Based in Orlando, Florida, USA, Lee Rosario, is a conceptual designer who has created multiple futuristic vehicles and products such as cars, SUVs, semi-trucks, helicopters, jets, other world rovers and hybrid-electric vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft.
The one passenger Vultran Tyger 1 hybrid-electric VTOL is a high-performance aircraft made possible due to a suite of high-tech navigation and propulsion systems. While the maximum cruise speed and range is not known, Rosari estimates the flight time of the aircraft is three hours. The aircraft is piloted with flight suit which includes a head-up display (HUD) in the helmet, assistance of artificial intelligence, advanced avionics, uses fly-by-wire technology, impact resistant composite armor, biological real-time feedback motoring systems of the pilot, optional autonomous piloting and more.
The aircraft has eight propellers for VTOL and forward flight and in addition, what he calls, "four air multiplier nozzle outputs" or ducted fans. The aircraft has a suite of power systems including the gasoline engine, lithium-ion battery packs, ground charging capability and onboard solar panels.
The aircraft has many safety features, including an autonomous emergency response system that is able to perform several essential quick response medical tasks on the pilot, has water landing capability, can autorotate, the artificial intelligence (AI) assisted systems management, weight redistribution system in the event of engine failure and a whole aircraft parachute.
The aircraft has been designed for the wealthy sports adventurer and for air racing and could possibly be used for other types of air operations as well.
- Aircraft type: Hybrid-electric VTOL high-performance aircraft
- Piloting: 1 human and 1 artificial intelligence flight suit, head-up display (HUD) helmet, fly-by-wire, autonomous optional piloting and more
- Capacity: 1 passenger
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Range: Unknown
- Maximum altitude: 15,000 ft (4,572 m)
- Maximum flight Time: 3 hours
- Propellers: 8 propellers, plus four air multiplier nozzle outputs (ducted fans)
- Electric Motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Hybrid-electric power source, lithium-ion batteries, onboard solar panels and ground station charging capability
- Empty weight: 3,000 lb (1,367 kg)
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Windows: Canopy over cockpit
- Landing gear: Unknown
- Safety Features: Water landing certified, autorotate, artificial intelligence (AI) assisted systems management, weight redistribution system in the event of engine failure and a whole aircraft parachute