SkyBoom eVTOL Automobiles
SkyBoom is a modular two-vehicle system solution designed to solve the many logistical and safety questions surrounding Urban Air Mobility (UAM). Auto manufacturing is the greatest force for economic growth in the world, and as the number of automobiles on the road increases, the demand for a system-wide solution to traffic congestion will grow yet more urgent. Electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) automobiles have the potential to reduce traffic congestion on the ground and provide seamless low latency access to the sky in a manner compatible with existing transportation systems. The SkyBoom design provides both eVTOL and Wing-Borne Dynamic Coupling capability.
The logistical viability of UAM designs must be evaluated based on five key metrics: Safety, Response Latency, Scalability, Profitability, and Operational Logistics – aircraft and storage. A proper UAM design should be able to service multiple industries, and the SkyBoom design is suggestive of a specific effort to do so.
Specifications for eVTOL Aircraft:
- Aircraft type: Split system design eVTOL automobile and bi-wing drone aircraft.
- Piloting: Autonomous
- Cruise speed: 240 kn (246 mph)
- Range: 1,000 nm (1,151 miles)
- Propellers: 2 rigid 16 feet (4.88 meters) diameter rigid blade contra-rotating propellers
- Electric Motors: 6 standard production YASA 100 kW motors.
- Propulsion power: Approximately 4,900 shp continuous, 8,820 shp peak
- Boom length: 30 feet (9.1 meters)
Specifications for Electric Ground Vehicle:
- Ground vehicle: All electric, four-wheel hub drive, four wheel steering.
- Capacity: 1-4 plus passengers
- Maximum speed: 150 mph (241 km/h)
- Range: 300 plus miles (483 km)
- Passenger pod: 700 lbs (318 kg)
- Length: 17.5 feet (5.3 meters), comparable in length to a full-size SUV
- Width: 4.2 feet (1.3 meters)
- Active suspension with 2-1/2 feet (.7 meters) travel of roll, pitch, yaw control
- Chassis (structural frame and wheelbase): 1,200 lbs (544 kg)
- Ground vehicle total weight: 1,900 lbs (862 kg)