Skynet Project SRL
(website in progress)
Founded in 2017, the Skynet Project based in Romania, is in the business of the design and the future manufacturing of vertical takeoff and electric (VTOL) passenger aircraft for Urban Air Mobility (UAM) and VTOL cargo aircraft. The company has already has applied for patents for their VTOL aircraft. The name of their aircraft will be named UEVA, meaning Ultra-Efficient VTOL Aircraft.
An important feature the company's passenger aircraft will be that each aircraft will accept multiple power sources. The aircraft can be powered by battery packs making the aircraft an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. Or the aircraft will accept fuel cells, internal combustion engines or turbine engines, each of which will generate electricity for the propellers and all other electrical systems in the aircraft. However, for the cargo drone, it will be powered by batteries only.
The company has stated their aircraft will also be scalable. This means their aircraft will be able to be made into small or large air cargo drones as well as aircraft just about any size passenger aircraft that a customer would need.
The Genesys X-1 eVTOL air cargo aircraft has a high wing, has four propellers, four electric motors, has a T-tail, has a fixed wheeled tail dragger landing gear configuration and can carry a maximum cargo load of 50 kg (110 lb). The high wing with winglets, allow the aircraft to carry a heavy payload over a maximum distance of 100 km (62 miles).
The propellers are connected to each side of fuselage with booms, with two propellers above the wing and two propellers under the wing. Each propeller can be raised or lowered independently of each other and will tilt in the appropriate direction for VTOL flight, transition flight and forward flight.
The aircraft is scalable and the final size of the aircraft will be determined by the customer's needs. While this drone has been designed for air cargo service, the aircraft could also be used to contain instruments needed for exploration, pollution monitoring, traffic monitoring, for police work and fire fighting.
Plans are already underway to build a subscale prototype for the Genesys X-1 air cargo drone.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL passenger aircraft
- Piloting: Automated remote control
- Capacity: Cargo only
- Cruise speed: 160-180 km/h (99-112 mph)
- Range: 100 km (62 miles)
- Maximum payload: 50 kg (110 lb)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 140 kg (308 lb)
- Propellers: 4 propellers
- Electric Motors: 4 electric motors
- Power source: Battery packs
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Wings: 1 main high wing with winglets
- Tail: T-tail
- Landing gear: Fixed wheeled tail dragger type landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. The aircraft can also land on conventionally on a runway, street or parking lot, as long as there is enough room to taxi to a stop.