Star 8 Green ECAV 100
Star 8 Green
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Based in Australia, Star 8 Green, with multiple offices in South East Asia, is an innovative technology company, continuously introducing new green energy technology which includes green transportation products (such as electric scooters, electric tuk tuks, electric buses, electric boats and more), other green technology (such as solar panels and batteries) and other green applications.
In 2018, Star 8 CEO and President, Mr Jacob Maimon, commenced the Star 8’s electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft program or as the company calls it, the Electric Manned Aviation Vehicle (EMAV). In addition, another program was started by the company and its called the Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle (ECAV). The eVTOL program is under the leadership of Mr. Kyxz Mendiola, a Filipino drone and flying car enthusiast, and the developer of his first one passenger eVTOL multicopter named the Koncepto Millenya.
The ECAV 100 (or Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle) is a remotely piloted cargo drone with an open frame structure with the ability to transport up to 100 kg (220 lb) of cargo. While not much is known about the specifications of the ECAV 100, its sister drone is the ECAV 50 and has been flight tested.
The company foresees the most promising applications for passenger eVTOL aircraft for Air Taxis, personal flying cars, medical emergencies and air cargo.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL multicopter cargo drone
- Piloting: Remote piloted
- Maximum payload: 100 kg (220 lb)
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Range: Unknown
- Flight Time: Unknown
- Propellers: Unknown
- Electric Motors: Unknown
- Power source: Batteries
- Landing gear: Unknown
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)
- Zeva Aero Argon