EMAV-2 Flying Taxi
Star 8 Green
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Based in Australia, Star 8 Green, with multiple offices in South East Asia, is an innovative technology company, continuously introducing new green energy technology which includes green transportation products (such as electric scooters, electric tuk tuks, electric buses, electric boats and more), other green technology (such as solar panels and batteries) and other green applications.
In 2018, Star 8 CEO and President, Mr Jacob Maimon, commenced the Star 8’s electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger aircraft program or as the company calls it, the Electric Manned Aviation Vehicle (EMAV). In addition, another program was started by the company and its called the Electric Cargo Aviation Vehicle (ECAV). The eVTOL program is under the leadership of Mr. Kyxz Mendiola, a Filipino drone and flying car enthusiast, and the developer of his first one passenger eVTOL multicopter named the Koncepto Millenya.
The EMAV-2 Flying Taxi two passenger eVTOL multicopter has been made specifically as an Air Taxi for Urban Air Mobility (UAM). The aircraft has large windows to make the flying experience more enjoyable, has 24 propellers, 24 electric motors, is powered by batteries and has skid-type landing gear. The company has already flown this aircraft by remote, successfully.
The company foresees the most promising applications for passenger eVTOL aircraft for Air Taxis, personal flying cars, medical emergencies and air cargo.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL multicopter
- Piloting: Autonomous
- Capacity: 2 passengers
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Propellers: 24 propellers
- Electric Motors: 24 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite and aircraft grade aluminium
- Windows: Large windows for spectacular views with a solid roof above the passenger compartment
- Landing gear: Skid type landing gear
- Safety Features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.